- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+
- Teaching since:
Hello! My name is Chris Fleming and I've been teaching drum lessons for approximately 5 years, as well as professionally drumming the past few years. I myself have played drums for 9 years and built up a solid "curriculum" of sorts for teaching students due to the very professional lessons I was given during my musical development years. I have taken lessons from Steve Goold (drummer to Sara Bareilles, Owl City, Carly Ray Jepsen, and Ben Rector,) Zach Miller (drummer to Jason Gray and Sara Groves,) and many other qualified teachers.
Stylistically, I am qualified to teach students pop, rock, country, folk, funk, worship, gospel, Latin, and some jazz. I strive to teach my students the importance of understanding the art behind music and the drum kit's role in that, and give them the necessary exercises and practices to achieve their goals with their instrument. I have my students tell me their goals and I then develop a plan of action to allow them to satisfy those goals.
- Drum for various churches in the Minneapolis Metro area. Some small churches as well as some mega churches.
- Freelance musician for a few local city bands.
- Toured and drummed with pop artist, Shuree.
- Recorded drums for various artists in studios around Minneapolis.
- Have taught around 10 drum students over the past 5 years and seen much musical growth in many of them.
Toured and played various shows with pop artist, Shuree.
Have played various street dances, bars, and festivals, as well as recorded drums in the studio for her personal music.
Have tracked drums in the studio for various local Minneapolis-based artists.
Drummer for various churches throughout the Minneapolis Metro area. Many small churches, as well as large scale mega-churches.