- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile and learn a little more about me!
My love for music began very young with piano lessons at age five. I continued lessons throughout high-school and college, but during that time I also found my love for singing and musical theater. Upon discovering opera I felt like I found my calling and have been studying and performing classical voice ever since. The combination of romance languages and the amazing athletic feat that is operatic singing captivated me from the very first moment I saw it and I’ve been hooked ever since.
I hold a Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance from San Jose State University, and since graduating I have performed with Opera San Jose, Symphony Silicon Valley, Celestial Opera Company & Independent Opera Company.
Although my main pursuit is classical performance, I absolutely love to teach all styles and see the joy of music grow in my students. I’ve been teaching voice and piano since 2009 (8 years) and with my solid piano, musical theater, and classical background I offer my students the best of both worlds.
Want to learn how to play your favorite pop song? Beethoven’s “Fur Elise”? Maybe you’re a closet Pavarotti fan and have a yearning to hit those stratosphere-high notes, or maybe you just love to sing and want someone’s encouraging ear. No matter what your goal is I will make it my mission to help you attain it!
That's pretty much the gist about me and my teaching, but if you'd like to know what your lesson might look like feel free to ask me! I usually respond within a day.
Progress, not perfection!
Practice, Practice, Practice! (duh!)
I teach private voice & piano lessons on Mondays & Tuesdays at an after-school performing arts center. My students range from beginners to advanced and are all ages. My youngest just turned 5 and my oldest is about to graduate!
I have been teaching private lessons out of my private studio and in people's homes since 2009. At the moment I cannot teach out of my home, but I hope to be able to soon!
I performed the role of Micaela in Bizet's "Carmen".
I performed 8 roles in 4 operas while I was a resident artist with Opera San Jose - one of the best experiences I've ever had!
I performed with Symphony Silicon Valley as part of their outdoor summer concert series in San Jose, CA. I will not miss singing in that heat!
While completing my degree at SJSU I performed with Opera San Jose as much as possible. I sang in the chorus for Verdi's "La Traviata", Verdi's "Il Trovatore", Verdi's "Falstaff", and Puccini's "Madama Butterfly". During that time I was also asked to understudy principal roles and got a chance to sing some small roles on the big stage!
I spent a summer studying opera performance intensively with renowned professionals in the San Francisco Bay Area. We performed 3 full operas and multiple concerts over the course of 6 weeks.
While beginning my college career I worked with Cabrillo Youth Chorus teaching choir, helping with major performances, and helping with administrative tasks.
· Piano · In home Excellent! Chloe is great with our 5 year old. She's very good at breaking down the lessons and the information. A no brainer!!
· Piano · In home Soli was so excited to get started and Ms. Chloe did not disappoint. She loves her teacher and loves playing the piano. She took great pride in showing her dad and me what she learned in the first lesson.
Thank you, Ms. Chloe. We will see you next week.
· Piano · In home Anelie loved her teacher and first piano lesson. She is so excited to continue. Thank you Ms. Chloe. See you next week.
· Broadway Singing · Chloe is great! I would recommend her to anyone of any age or skill level. I presented to her what I wanted to achieve on my first lesson. Chloe created a syllabus catered to achieving my personal goals. She explains the lessons so they are easier to learn and in a creative way so I obtain the information. The lessons are followed by a fun weekly assignment that allows me a unique way to practice for the following week's lesson. Chloe is patient but effective! I take in home lessons that are so convenient with my busy schedule and at an affordable price!
· Broadway Singing · In studio Amazing! I’m primarily a dancer/actor and was really tired of always getting cast in the chorus in shows. I wanted to strengthen my voice so that I could play the leads I always wanted to, and Chloe really helped me find the right songs to fit my range & style. She immediately was able to tell that I was singing in the wrong range (I had no idea), and helped me develop my MT belt.
· Piano · In home Izzie loves her lessons with Chloe. She is equally great at teaching piano and voice (even though Bella prefers to sing). She helped Izzie prepare for her part in the school show (Liesl in the Sound of Music). She makes singing very fun, and I've noticed great improvements in Bella's voice and piano playing.
· Piano · In home Chloe taught our two young boys piano lessons and they had a great time. My youngest especially loved his lessons and asks all the time if Teacher Chloe will move back. Very dependable and a great teacher over all.
· Singing · In home Chloe taught our two kids (11 & 9) - They had a great time singing and she really helped my kids develop their voices.
· Classical Voice · In home This was our 11 year-old daughter's first voice lesson and Chloe managed to make her extremely comfortable, bring out her best efforts, and teach her fantastic tips and tricks in the first session.
· Piano · In home First interaction and lesson (we took a 5 sessions package) was great .
Very good listener and our 9 years old was very happy.