- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I teach music to children ages 7 through 18 - including college prep.
Your child will learn how to read music, play melody and chords and progressively acquire skills as a musician and guitarist. Music theory and rhythm study is included.
Learning an instrument teaches focus and goal setting strategies, develops self-direction and self-esteem, plus the added benefit of developing the brain for academic achievement. And, it's just plain FUN!!
This is perfect for home schooled children or as a supplement to public or private school music programs.
I have been a musician for over 25 years. I have a Bachelor of Music and have taught guitar for over 10 years.
In addition to guitar, I'm a vocalist, composer and arranger as well as a music publisher. I actively perform as both a classical guitarist and singer-songwriter.
I specialize in acoustic and acoustic/electric guitar - both classical and contemporary, steel string and nylon.
PLEASE SPEAK TO ME before purchasing your child's instrument. A standard size steel string guitar can be difficult to handle and may discourage your child.
***NOTES ABOUT SPECIAL NEEDS***
Usually, learning disabilities, ADD & ADHD go together just fine with guitar lessons and frequently give these precious young people a creative outlet. Speak to me about your child's needs so I can prepare the best lessons possible!
Be aware that there are stairs to my home studio. Please take this into consideration if you have an ambulatory disability.
*** STUDIO EQUIPMENT ***
Home Studio, dedicated space, guitars and recording equipment, keyboard and amps, music stands, chairs, comfortable waiting area for parents.
Acoustic Guitar Duo, from Classical to Pop
Teacher of guitar, music theory, composition and song writing as an independent contractor.
We are a music publisher which sells sheet music and MP3 files of projects composed/arranged by or in collaboration with Cheryl C.
· Guitar · In studio Cheryl is a great teacher. She loves music and that enthusiasm is inspiring.
I am looking forward to many lessons
ahead and advancing my playing skills.
· Guitar · In studio Cheryl laid back person with a great teaching method. Can't wait until next lesson.
· Guitar · In studio Ms Cheryl was excellent. My 9 year old loved her first lesson and can't wait until next week. We highly recommend.
· Guitar · In studio Cheryl is great. This is the first time I'm taking professional guitar lessons, and I was very nervous when starting, but she made me feel comfortable. She is very patient, and even after only 4 weeks of lessons I feel that I've learned a lot and I'm very excited to continue!
· Guitar · In studio My daughter Michelle learned from Cheryl since 2015 Spring. After three months, Michelle could play a song in June in front of audience in Madison Hotel, NJ. Michelle got inspired from Cheryl so much and she liked to attend guitar lessons all the time. We believe that Cheryl is an outstanding guitar teacher for any beginning guitar learner.
· Guitar · In home Cheryl is a wonderful teacher that my our 9-year-old girl loves so much to go to her lessons! She is very patient and enthusiastic. My girl is very happy to have the guitar lessons and always so wants to practice.
· Guitar · In home Like anything new - exciting, followed by frustration because it's new and takes some learning and patience.
Cheryl is patient - I know I will get the hang of it as I continue with her.
· Guitar · In studio Cheryl is a patient and caring teacher. Very professional - helped us with finding the right guitar, books and so on. Very caring. My shy daughter is very comfortable with her and we highly recommend her.
· Guitar · In studio Cheryl is an excellent instructor and is patient
With a new student like me. I would highly recommend
Her to any level of guitar student.
· Guitar · In studio Cheryl is an excellent teacher and I am so glad I started my guitar lessons with her. I have played guitar on my own for a few years but I felt stuck at my current level and wanted to expand my guitar skills. Cheryl is very patient and encouraging. The exercises she gives me are challenging but she teaches me everything I need to work on them and I am making so much progress. Cheryl is very knowledgeable about guitar and extremely qualified. I would strongly recommend her to any level guitar player!