- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
I am a professional musician and a music teacher, joined New England Symphony Orchestra as principal viola in 2015. I gained my Bachelor and two Master degrees from Manhattan School of Music. My BM and First MM are on Music Performance; while my second MM is on Orchestra playing.
I start teaching sine 2012. I am a passionate, serious, traditional teacher, and I really enjoyed teaching. I always encourage my students to think, to learn, and to explore the music in their way. For children, I do ask the parent to stay in their lesson if possible, only because the parents will be a great help for their kids' practice after the lesson.
Here are some more information of my music background:
- Carnegie Hall, Manhattan School of Music Orchestra Concert, New York
- Manhattan School of Music Borden Concert Hall, New York, Guest performance with American String Quartet
- Viola Recitals and Graduation Recital (2009, 2011, 2013)
- Chery Hills Community Church, Chamber Performance, Denver
- St. John’s Church, Chamber Orchestra, New Jersey
- National Art Center, Chamber Concert, Ottawa
- Queen Elizabeth School, Chamber Recital, Moncton
- Shanghai Conservatory invitation for String Quartet Recital, Shanghai
- French School, String Quartet with School Chorus, Beijing
- Central Conservatory Recital Hall, Viola Recital, Beijing
Scholarship and Award:
- Manhattan School of Music, New York, NY
Manhattan School of Music Scholarship, 2008-2016
Lillian Fuchs Chamber Music Competition Winner, 2008-2015
Hugo Kortschak Award, For Chamber Music accomplishment, 2014
- Third Prize, MSM String Concerto Competition, 2011
- Second Prize, 5 Towns String Competition, 2010
- Third Prize, Heida Hermanns String Competition, Westport, CT 2014
- Special Award, Bled International Viola Competition, Bled, Slovenia, 2006
Chensi is very professional and a patient and cheery instructor. Her lesson was well-prepared and she was clear and attentive in her explanations and in monitoring my understanding. Her follow-up after the lesson helped me to practice effectively until next lesson.+ Read More
Excellent teacher! Very professional and patient. Highly recommend!
Chensi is very helpful in teaching me read music. As a beginner, read music was the most difficult part, since it would slow down the practice pace. Chensi is very skillful in reading music through a faster way, which letting my progress efficient.