I love music, and I love helping other people find and develop their love for music! I began formal study with Suzuki piano at the age of 3 1/2 and added violin at age 7, and haven't stopped since!
Growing up, I was lucky to be exposed to many types of music, from the traditional Irish music my father played at home to local rock, blues, and jazz concerts, music from around the world, and a wide variety of different amalgamations of Classical music. I have a knowledge of and passion for a wide variety of styles, which I use to help my students discover their own interests.
I hold a BM in violin performance from the University of Denver's Lamont School of Music, where I studied with Jeri Jorgensen, and have performed with a wide variety of groups in the Denver area, including Irish folk trio Avourneen, the Denver Philharmonic, the Cheza String Quartet, and many others. Prior to moving to Denver, I was active as a performer on both violin and piano in Northern California and have performed as a soloist with the North State Symphony and Eureka Symphony.
I am excited to be able to bring this diverse experience to my teaching, and hope you will give me the opportunity to work with you or your child!
*** Lesson Details ***
The focus in lessons is always on what -you- want to learn, keeping things fun and personalized without sacrificing a solid technical foundation. What this concretely means is that, at the first lesson, I will sit down with you and/or your child and assess what it is you want to get out of music lessons in order to come up with a lesson plan tailored to exactly what -you- want to be learning.
I believe that there should be no need for strictness or punishment - when students are inspired and engaged in lessons, practice and progress grow naturally out of the environment without any need for a stern or restrictive atmosphere!
Studio teacher in fiddle, violin, viola, and piano.
- Teach private lessons on violin, viola, piano, and guitar at storefront music school locations and at Aspen Academy Elementary school in Greenwood Village
- Teach private violin, fiddle, and viola lessons
- Develop teaching materials and individualized student curriculum
- Teach both private and group lessons in general music, piano, and violin in a summer camp setting
- Direct camp string orchestra
- Program developed by Lamont School of Music Career Director Katherine Knight in which talented low-income students from local middle schools received lessons from Lamont students. Student-teachers were mentored by Lamont faculty to help hone their teaching styles
- Gained private teaching experience in controlled environment while receiving feedback from professionals with decades of experience
Trained in Suzuki violin Book 4
· Piano · In home Chelsea was amazing with my 3 year old! She explained everything and was very patient!
· Fiddle · In studio Chelsea is absolutely fantastic. Regardless of what type of style you are trying to learn, she is the teacher for you. She has a great passion for music and is knowledgeable, kind, and patient. Every lesson is tailored to what you would like to learn. Not only that, but she is an extremely gifted player, so after hearing what I aspire to sound like, I am motivated to practice more than ever!
· Violin · Patient & Encouraging
Chelsea is knowledgeable, patient, encouraging and attentive - all the things one looks for in a teacher.