- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
B.M. from the Juilliard School. Class of 2014
I am a saxophonist, clarinetist, flutist, composer and educator. I have performed with artists in Jazz, Pop and Classical, including Herbie Hancock, Morgan James and Matthew Morrison (from the Fox television series "Glee").
While at Juilliard, I focused on jazz and saxophone performance. I also taught music through Juilliard's Music Advancement Program (MAP) where I had the pleasure of working with some the most gifted middle school students in the New York area.
In the past, I have worked with all levels of students, ranging from absolute beginners just embarking on there musical journey to experienced professionals looking to expand there conceptual horizons, technique and more. I have also enjoyed working with and helping students with learning disabilities.
I approach all my students with compassion and respect. I believe that anyone can learn to do anything--given good methodology, instruction and desire.
My primary goal as a teacher is to inspire my students to grow in their own creativity and interests and to provide tools, insights and techniques to help them do so.
I would love to work with you!
Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
Served on the faculty of Juilliard's Music Advancement Program (MAP). Taught saxophone lessons, led a saxophone chamber ensemble, coached wind students performing in the advanced orchestra.
· Clarinet · In home A good balance of jazz theory and playing
· Saxophone · In studio Hello, my name is Rodney James and I've been a student of Chase at the Juilliard Music Advancement Program for two years. During my time with Chase, I have improved tremendously on my improvisation, technique, and fundamentals on the saxophone. Chase is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable teachers I have ever studied under. The learning process with Chase is very easy and comprehensive because he breaks everything down to the bare roots. He treats all his students with respect and is a very supportive person in general. If you're looking to improve exceedingly on the saxophone, then you're at the right place.