"The body is an incredible instrument that we use to speak, to rock out, walk, boogie, express, signify and croon. The body can captivate audiences or communicate to a friend. A person can personally and professionally take flight, gaining confidence through becoming familiar with themselves, their bodies and their artistry"
Charity ran away with both opera and the circus.Their vocal skill continues to take them on the jazz, theater and classical stages like Portland Opera and Opera Theater Oregon. Charity is a previous member and troupe liaison of Sky Circus, a continuing guest member with Wanderlust Circus, Caravan of Glam and recently accepted a position with Literary Art's WITS program (writers in the schools) for Arts Journalism.
They are a multi-media creative and arts journalist with a passionate belief in the importance of receiving and processing information somatically to further understand the world around us. Their articles, opinions, photography and illustrations have been published in the Willamette Week, The Portland Mercury, Northwest Kids Magazine, Portland Family Magazine, The Drainage Magazine and more. They've covered a myriad of music festivals, interdisciplinary events and have directed projects aimed to preserve and project ethnic American history while responding supportively to communities made of different experiences.
Teaching kids ages 1-100 to fly and tumble in Echo Theaters physical theater program which is tailored to grow great human beings more than competitive athletes and artists. Areas of focus are dance trapeze, silks, flexibility and tumbling.
Teaching and coaching in voice, cirque, dance and theater for the recreational, developing and professional artist.
Planning curriculum for groups and individuals and teaching kids and adults to become the rock stars they always wanted to be through what they want to sing, coaching them in repertoire, and supporting them in concerts.
Group and solo piano lessons using the Faber books and teaching kids and adults to learn AND enjoy piano.
Directing childrens after school choral groups in the Portland area and supporting them in recitals.
· Vocal Training · In home Charity is great. So fun and supportive and immensely knowledgeable. Highly recommended.
· Singing · In studio I'm 15. Had my first lesson with Charity tonight. She''s really nice. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Looking forward to more lessons with her!
· Singing · In studio Charity has a great welcoming energy and kindness about her and seemed really intent on getting to know what my daughter was interested in to tailor the lessons to her. We are off to a great start.
· Singing · In studio Great at keeping my kids engaged. Very solid musically. Very positive.
· Singing · In studio Highly skilled and great with kids. Looking forward to more lessons. While I'm just there with my kids (not taking lessons myself), I have found her warmup techniques more effective for me than what I picked up from two years of competitive high school choirs where i had an excellent voice instructor.
· Dance Choreography · In studio Very patient and understanding for a beginner. Very well done.
· Classical Voice · In studio I have found her teaching style and versatility from a student’s perspective very strong. She is able to adapt to each of her students learning styles. Not only this but she also develops the students self confidence and a belief in their abilities. Thus she has always created students that excel. I have experienced none of her students quitting, but all of us excelled. They all out perform and continue on to great success in their fields of study. I feel very blessed to have her as a teacher and as a mentor. It has lead to my success. Thank You!
· Vocal Training · In studio I had the pleasure of working with Charity when my daughter was taking voice lessons with her. She is a phenomenal teacher, wonderful with kids and offers just the right amount of encouragement and support, as well as the ability to help even the most reluctant student perform. The skills that Charity taught my daughter have translated well into middle school, giving her the confidence to be on stage in front of her peers, which is no small accomplishment. It's been beautiful to watch my child blossom after working with Charity, and I would highly recommend her to anyone considering voice lessons.
· Singing · In studio My daughter loves Charity! Charity has been providing her with singing and dance lessons for over a year. My daughter is so much more confident, and her posture and flexibility are much better. She can now even do the splits. Best of all, my daughter will never feel embarrassed about singing in public. I recommend Charity whole-heartedly.
· Aerial Tissue Silks · In studio Charity is a nurturing teacher who has a keen eye and can work fluidly in multiple disciplines. She saw my potential for aerial silks and helped me see it in myself. Thank You!