NOTE: This is about you not me!!!!! DJ techniques including Turntables, CDJ’s, and everything you need to know about DJ'ing, from harmonic mixing to creating a real journey, what tracks to start/end with, how to beat match. What to expect and how to get booking...agents/managers. Now some of this can be done on-line but I normally teach DJ'ing privately, so lets have a discussion and see how I can help you.
All Ableton course are on-Line or you can choose private using go to meeting which is the platform I utilize to teach.
Charissa S. aka DJRAP has 25 years of experience in the entertainment industry. She began as a trailblazer in what is called today's 'EDM' in 1988 to become the worlds number one female DJ/Producer and label owner of two record labels: Propa Talent & Impropa Talent Alongside with Goldie,Roni Size and other bass legends she helped pioneer a style of music called Drum and Bass.
Owner of Music Tech Collective Ableton DJ /Instructor Los Angeles.
Ableton levels 1-6 (beginner to advance)
DJ techniques including Turntables, CDJ’s, and Serrato Level 1-4 (beginner to advance).
One on one music instruction.
Full spectrum music production and performance.
Business course outlining label management, event design, artist and brand development.
OTHER MEDIA/MUSIC IN FILM
DJ Rap appeared in the video for BT's hit "Never Gonna Come Back Down", which featured lyrics about her, as well as the video for "Simply Being Loved".
The song "Drummin" & Bassin" appeared on the soundtrack for the video game, Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights.
The song "Good To Be Alive" appeared on the soundtrack for the 1999 movie Go.
"Good To Be Alive" appeared on the soundtrack for Rogue Trader.
"Bad Girl" appeared on the soundtrack for Jennifers Lopez's film Enough.
"F--k With Your Head" appeared on the soundtrack for Run Lola Run".
LMFAO Remix "Sine Language" appeared on the soundtrack for Skyline.
"Bad Girl" appeared in the movie Enough in 2002.
DJ Rap track on The Hills – "I Just Wanna Feel Good".
"I'm Ready" appeared on the soundtrack for Teenage Mums.
"Party Like A Rockstar" appeared on the commercials for American Idol.
Partially scored soundtrack with Hans Zimmer on "Mission Impossible".
DJ Rap's remix of The Crystal Method (feat. LMFAO) – "Side Chain The Bass" appeared on the soundtrack for Skyline.
"I'm Ready" appeared on the soundtrack for The Secret Life Of The American Teenager.
DJ Rap has also written songs and performed her own vocals for several artists, including:
BT – "Giving Up The Ghost"
Art of Trance – "Madagascar - Domi Nation Remix"
DJ Hyper – "Dancing With The Lights Out" (awaiting release)
Erick Morrillo – "Happy"
Static Revenger – "Do It Again"
Steve Laroni – "OK Today", "Turn Around", "Sweet Surrender", "Return To Me", "Shattered", "This Is Me"
Fast Eddie – "Drummin" & Bassin"
Stan Walker – "Light It Up" (Sony Records About To Be Released - Australian Idol Winner)
DJ Tydi – "Talking To Myself"
Shelley Harland – "Only Human"
The Matrix – "Give It All Away", "Turning Me On", "Breathe"
Matthew Gerard – "Without You"
Starkillers – "Party Like A Rockstar"
Junior Sanchez – "Superstar"
Brain Matrix – "Lift Me Up", "Back To You"
Chevy Bhorntus – "Synthesis" (co-wrote album)
Ryu And Scoopdeville – "Party Like A DJ"
DJ Eve Falcon – "Good Times"
System 22 – "Good To Be Alive 2011 (Dubstep Mix)"
Aston Harvey And The Freestylers – "Spiritual Aura"
MC Navigator – "Good To Be Alive 2011"
Kenny Ken/G Squad – "Brave New World"
Katy Perry – "Teenage Dream" *
Metasyn – "Back To Life"
Erick Morillo – "Dancin'"
Top Cat – "Ruffest Gunark"
Sharon Forester – "Love Inside"
Da Boss (feat. Blu) – "I'm So"
Amazon 2 – "Deep In The Jungle"
Ferry Cortsen – "Indigo"
Posion Chang – "Love The Woman"
Dub War – "Million Dollar Love"
Dizzy Rascal – "Dance Wit Me" *
Tommy Lee – "Everyone Takes So Long" *
Filter – "Drink it, Snort it, Smoke it" *
Andy Caldwell – "Warrior" *
Blake Lewis – "Binary Love" *
Queen – "Bohemian Rap-sody" *
Nirvana – "Smells Like Teen Spirit" *
Crystal Method (feat. LMFAO) – "Side Chain The Bass" *
Olive – "You're Not Alone" *
I currently Run and own two successful record labels, Propa Talent, Impropa Talent since 1988 and have also just launched my own music school, Music Tech Collective. I have 25 years experience in the music industry, including label management, artiste management, masters in music business course and have toured the world as an artiste extensively.
Jan 2010 - 2012
Icon Collective (Los Angeles)
Jan 2012 - 2013
Dubspot (Los Angeles)
Dec 2014 - 2015
Garnish School Of Production (Los Angeles)
July 2015 - present day
Music Tech Collective (Los Angeles)
I have Written curriculums for Icon Collective, Taught at Dubspot and Garnish school of production as well as graced many a panel for WMC etc....
Ableton levels 1-6 (beginner to advance)
DJ techniques including Turntables, CDJ’s, and Serrato Level 1-4 (beginner to advance)
One on one music instruction
Full spectrum music production and performance
Business course outlining label management, event design, artist and brand development
Advanced DJ instruction.
(For more about who I am DJRAP dot com or linkedin.)
· DJing · Online super down to earth & genuinely interested in her students and the time she spends with them... I would highly recommend her :)
· DJing · In studio Charissa is an amazing one on one teacher. She goes at your own pace and makes sure you really know what's going on. I'm a slow learner so I love that I can ask her as many questions as I want and when I want! Not to mention, she is one of the coolest down to earth people I've ever met!
· Ableton · In studio Such a great teacher, and you can be sure that she knows her stuff. But what I appreciated the most was the fact that she always made sure that I understood the lesson before we moved on to the next. Teachers this great, that truly care about helping their students reach their dreams, are hard to come by these days!
· Ableton · In studio Attention to detail and ability to make sure the material is really understood was one of the many reasons I would recommend Charissa as an instructor to any one wanting to take a course with her.
· DJing · In home I met DJ Rap over 15 years ago before I began my DJ career as she was one of the first influential DJ's that got me interested in the business. It was a long time ago but even back then she was an amazing teacher to me and has since became a great friend and mentor in the music business. She has done it all, seen it all and her knowledge and guidance has put me at the top echelon of DJ's in my home town of Austin, TX which I owe so much of that to her. She taught me the fundamentals of DJ'ing, promoting your brand and how to take yourself to the next level which these days you really have to stand out. She's patient, caring, intelligent, funny and just an all around AMAZING human!! Love and Bass!!!
· Ableton · Online DJ Rap provides all the right tools needed to take flight almost instantly with her brilliant teaching skills. She's given me new insight on the world of production and I would recommend her to anyone.
· Ableton · Online Dj Rap is an incredible teacher! She makes it easy and fun to learn, and has no problems helping out if you get lost. I'm so thrilled with my lessons and how fast I'm able to conquer tasks that used to take me hours. I'll be recommending her as a teacher to anyone and everyone who wants to learn Ableton from a true master!
· Ableton · Online Fantastic teacher with great energy and experience.
· Ableton · In studio I meant to put 5 stars, sorry about that!
· Ableton · Online A wonderful teacher with so much knowledge & history. A true veteran who is willing to share all her secrets! Highly recommended!