- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+
- Teaching since:
- October 2008
I’m Chantilly… Hello and welcome!
I have been a teacher for 7 years, specializing in one-on-one lessons, loving the thrill of helping students grow to their fullest potential.
My philosophy is all about zeroing in on your personal strengths and building up new skills around them. Studying with me will help your technique, boost your confidence, and will be the foundation of a prosperous creative future. It’s my personal goal to make sure you have a great experience!
I have a formal musical education, with a degree in composition from Purchase College, (Regina Spektor also graduated from this program!), 6 years of experience as a solo performer, and worked extensively in recent years on writing songs, and releasing recordings (my producer plays keys for Ingrid Michaelson! )
My most recent highlights include placing my songs in an independent film, as well as the show Dance Moms on Lifetime TV. See videos below.
I realize that there are a lot of options out there, and am honored to be considered! Please contact me with any questions :)
*** Studio Equipment ***
- Extra guitar available.
- For voice, I record our lessons, and send you Mp3's after each lesson as a practice tool.
*** Travel Equipment ***
- I bring my guitar, and expect students to have their own.
- For singing, it would be best if students had a program like Garage Band to record, and practice to the lessons.
• Creating engaging lessons for 8-18 5th grade students.
• Finding ways to convey why topics like like harmony,
melody, rhythm, and structure are important.
• Incorporating the fundamentals of reading music- including
notes, keys, and time signatures.
• Facilitating music listening and discussion sessions.
• Creating lesson plans for each student, with a focus on
songwriting and performance.
• Assessing and executing learning styles best suited to students.
• Building new skills over time- examples would be new chords,
rhythmic patterns for guitar. Breathing, vowel shapes, and
intonation exercises for singers.
• Preparing songs and repertoire.
• Tracking progress and encouraging growth.
• Counselor and mentor for campers aged 6-17
• Writing and implementing curriculum plans.
• Guitar teacher topics included chords, tabs, playing smoothly,
rhythm, and solo/ improvisation.
• Songwriting teacher topics included song analysis, music theory,
• Managing rock bands of up to eight children; guiding song
selection choices, and working out arrangements.
Chantilly is absolutely wonderful! Always on time , warm, engaging. My 8 year old loves guitar classes with her!
Very patient and helpful with specifics. I've enjoyed working with Chantilly.
Moving along well. I'm enjoying the exercises and she's a thoughtful and Inspiring teacher.
Great first lesson! She was very patient with me and recorded the lesson so I could practice on my own.
Sweet, kind and works very well with my 8 year old.
Such a great first lesson and can't wait for more!
Chantilly was a really awesome teacher. Over the weeks I learned so much and gained a lot of control over my voice. Also as someone who never sings in front of anyone she really helped me feel comfortable doing so. If she didn't move away I would still be taking lessons with her. Highly recommend! She's a really sweet person and she is very good at explaining concepts and helping you to understand.+ Read More
Chantilly is great, very encouraging and approachable, but in a genuine way. Even in a short time I've noticed I can sound better and stronger than I did before. The recordings of our lessons are very helpful for practicing at home and gauging progress over time.+ Read More
I've been working with Chantilly for a little more than a year. She's awesome, and I've gotten so much out of our lessons!
Chantilly is a wonderful incredibly comfortable teacher to learn from. Every lesson I've taken has always been very well thought out and I always feel I get so much out of them. Definitely highly recommend!
I felt confident right from the start with Chantilly, and I definitely reached the next level with my voice as a result of our lessons. She is also professional and down to earth. I recommend!
This was my first experience in guitar learning. The lessons were tailored for my abilities. Chantilly is a wonderful teacher and if I were to continue taking lessons I would definitely take it with her.
Really Professional and Knowledgeable Lesson for my Son
Chantilly is a wonderful teacher for my son. She's given him a lot of confidence and he always looks forward to his next lesson. Thank you!