Hello! My name is Cathy and I have been teaching voice (singing) for over 30 years. But don't let that fool you into thinking I'm a stogy old girl who doesn't have a pulse on contemporary music. I teach pop, country, broadway, folk, whatever it is your interested in. I do teach with vocal exercises because without them no changes will be made and that's the whole point right to change your voice? However you do get to sing songs. I teach, so that you will change your voice and succeed in whatever avenue you want. My degree is in Vocal Performance from Northeastern Illinois University and one year of Masters work in Drama from DePaul University.
I also teach ESL, Reading, Writing, History which I have done for the past six years. I use a variety of techniques since no two people are alike to help you learn English or the American lifestyle. I presently teach Caterpillar employees, spouses and children. Let me teach you and see how far we can go.
· Singing · In home I like my teacher very much.
· Vocal Training · In studio Cathy is extremely nice and wastes no time getting to worth with her clients. She is fun to work with and packs a lot into a half-hour lessons. I noticed clear improvement in my vocals after just a couple classes. I'd highly recommend Cathy!
· Singing · In studio Cathryn was prepared, professional and fun. We are thrilled with her!
· Singing · In studio This is my first lesson and I really love this lady she is happy and excited about teaching and she makes me feel comfortable learning. She also is flexible in allowing me to use my type of music that I am and will be singing.
I feel that I am going to enjoy my voice lessons,
Ms Cathryn seems to be Great!
· Singing · In studio I had a great time with Cathy. She made me feel comfortable and as someone who was very new to signing, she was super patient. During the few months I took lessons with Cathy, I felt I became a much stronger, more confident singer.
· Singing · In studio Very dedicated teacher. Would recommend it highly.