Welcome to Studio C! I graduated with honors from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, earning a Master of Music in Voice Performance. I also hold a Bachelor of Music from Arizona State University. An emerging opera singer myself, I sing with Arizona Opera in Phoenix and Tucson.
I am available for private voice lessons serving the Phoenix metro area in historic Central Phoenix. Students learn to let go of inhibitions, release tensions, find a natural voice, and let that voice grow. Studying both classical and music theater repertoire and techniques, students develop effective breathing, a supported tone, and an agile voice suitable for any genre of singing. Motivated students who have a musical background are most successful in my studio.
I'm pretty down to earth and strive to create a fun and encouraging learning environment. Lessons include breathing exercises, a variety of vocalizes aimed to strengthen the voice, kinesthetic exercises, repertoire in multiple languages, musical expression, and sight singing.
Also a violinist, lover of music theater, jazz, opera, all things DIY and outdoors, I offer a well rounded approach to music lessons. Dedicated students always love to meet my pet chinchilla after lessons too!
*** Lesson Details ***
Weekly 45 minute lessons are preferred, but can be customized to fit the student's needs.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Students should have access to a keyboard or piano at home to practice.
*** Specialties ***
Beginners through advanced; opera, music theater, jazz, and popular music.
I also teach voice lessons at Prestige Music Studio.
I sing in the chorus of Arizona Opera in current productions.
· Singing · In home Cassandra is awesome! Comfortable atmosphere, honest feedback, great instructions. I'm already looking forward to my next session. Highly recommended!
· Singing · In studio Cassandra has a knack for being informative and inspiring. Muy effectivo.
· Singing · In studio I don't have much singing experience, but I have a lot of experience with elite coaches/teachers. Cassandra is second to none :)
· Singing · In studio As a choral singer, Cassie's instruction was just what I needed to expand into solo work. Lessons are always fun but balanced with stretching and challenging exercises.
A five star rating from me ...
· Singing · In studio Cassandra has a lovely and gentle way of encouraging the best out of her students. One of her strengths is her uplifting and positive reinforcement. Because she believes that singing is more an outpouring of one's soul, she will always do her best to make you feel comfortable as she engages you in singing and also as she engages you as a person.
I enjoy her as a teacher and also as a friend. I believe I will know her for the rest of my life and continue to take lessons from her as much as possible. I highly recommend her!