- Teaches students:
- Ages 5 to 30
- Teaching since:
My name is Carolina, but you can call me Lina. I have been playing the piano for 13 years, and it is my passion. My High School didn't have a music program, so I had to take private lessons to enrich my music learning. My piano teacher was my biggest inspiration and the reason why I chose to become a teacher myself. I graduated from Manhattanville College with a Master's in Music Education. While I was in college, my piano skills were polished until I became the musician I am today. The beauty about learning any instrument is that there is no exact finish line. You will always be learning something new, especially when it comes to the piano. There will always be a new challenge, whether it's a new piece you want to learn, or a different technique, it's all up to you. My role as your piano teacher is to facilitate your learning and adjust to what works well for you as a student. I look forward to meeting you and helping you create music :)
- Flexible with classroom placement. Worked with every age-group, from infants to preschool.
- In charge of teaching weekly music classes to all children in the center.
- Spoke with parents on a daily basis with updates on the children's development and progress.
- Monitored the progress of 683 students through grades kindergarten to fifth.
- Conducted a 4th grade choir consisting of over 100 students and a 5th grade select chorus.
- Assisted cooperating teacher in various assignments around the classroom.
- Created daily lesson plans and worked with the cooperating teacher to ensure that the plans met the needs of all the students and that they were accurately executed.
As the grassroots arm of the women’s movement, the National Organization for Women is dedicated to its multi-issue and multi-strategy approach to women’s rights, and is the largest organization of feminist grassroots activists in the United States. NOW has hundreds of chapters and hundreds of thousands of members and activists in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Since our founding in 1966, NOW’s purpose is to take action through intersectional grassroots activism to promote feminist ideals, lead societal change, eliminate discrimination, and achieve and protect the equal rights of all women and girls in all aspects of social, political, and economic life.+ Read More
The best! So helpful and patient.
I'm new to taking any kind of music lessons and Carolina was so patient with me during each lesson. She answered all of my questions and never got frustrated. Thank you!
Carolina has been an incredible instructor for my children! Both their reading and overall musicanship have flourished since taking lessons own her. She is caring, capable, experienced, and professional.