Hi there! My name is Cara. I am an award winning vocalist and experienced performer who loves to teach singing. My goal is to demystify vocal technique for students and help them “find their voice" pretty quickly with patience and care in a safe and friendly environment. In a relaxed, positive, and supportive atmosphere; students will improve their breath control and support, projection, phrase length, range, intonation, quality, comfort, stage performance and presentation skills, as well as other technical and stylistic aspects. I am currently available to teach lessons at my studio and online.
My credentials and affiliations include a Bachelor's in Vocal Music from Lamar University, Hurrah Players, Governor's School for the Arts, Opera Breve, and VA Opera. I specialize in opera and musical theater. I also record and perform pop, rock, R&B, and jazz. Trained by some of the best artists and teachers in Virginia and Texas, I have gained extensive knowledge in vocal pedagogy that has allowed me to become versed in numerous styles and crossover genres. Contact me and we can discuss in more detail want you are looking for in a voice teacher, your vocal goals and experiences, as well as availability and location details. Do not miss the opportunity to work with someone who is really dedicated to nurturing voices and serving art in a down to earth way and will get you where you want to go fast.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· Vocal Training · In home Cara was professional and kind. She is clearly at the top of her game. My girls learned so mucn from her during their in home lessons. They are still singing together and using some of the techniques from her. We appreciated her expertise and heart to teach!
· Vocal Training · In home A few months ago after researching a number of vocal instructors in the area and speaking with a few friends, I decided to give Cara a try based on her teaching approach, and resume. Since I had virtually no vocal experience (other than some off-key excursions in the car) I was surprised that I could actually sing the correct notes during my first lesson with her.
Cara's positive, but meticulous approach has helped me improve my vocal ability farther than I ever imagined over the last 6 months. She is fun to work with and I would recommend her to anyone.
· Vocal Training · In studio Cara is a wonderful instructor. She was very patient with me and gave me the time I needed to understand different concepts. I felt that she genuinely wanted me to succeed. Thanks Cara!
· Singing · In home Cara knows her stuff! She's passionate about her work, and her enthusiasm is contagious. Her breadth of knowledge is only surpassed by her innate teaching ability. If you have a question, she has the answer and the ability to explain it in a way you can easily understand. She is a pleasure to work with and a secret weapon for anyone looking to take their craft to next level.
· Classical Voice · In home Excellent instructor! Very glad I decided to take lessons and got lucky with a great teacher.
· Music Performance · In studio This was my daughter's first experience with any kind of singing lessons and Cara was patient and helped my daughter feel comfortable. She was able to get on stage for her school talent show feeling good about herself, and that was priceless.
· Singing · In studio Freaking awesome
· Singing · In home Great teacher! She immediately made me feel comfortable. Explains everything in both a scientific way and also in laymans terms with examples. Makes it much easier to learn, and understand what's going on or what I should be feeling when breathing and singing.
· Singing · In studio Cara is enthusiastic, perceptive, helpful and knows her stuff! Her voice is phenomenal and was inspiring to listen to. I want to learn a lot more but wish she taught a vocal course..like at a karaoke restaurant or school.
· Singing · In studio I love my teacher. She is the best.