Males 7 to 60
I am a musician, teacher, and worship leader. I moved from Anaheim, CA 9 years ago to achieve a Bachelors Degree in Commercial Music at Belmont University and now resides in Nashville, TN.
Since 2004 I have gigged, recorded, and wrote/ co-wrote music in Nashville, TN. When I graduated in 2008 I went on the road for a couple years with an artist named Dave Hunt when I returned from the road I wasn't quite sure what to do next. I decided that I might enjoy teaching so for the last 4 years I have started small and built up my student base to around 30-35 students a week. I also teach high school music history and music theory at a home school tutorial and enrichment school in town.
*** Lesson Details ***
I teach multiple styles (jazz, pop, rock, latin, country, bluegrass, and classical) on the instruments listed on my page and love to teach songs, technique, and music theory in my lessons. I also throw in, if asked for, note reading, and ear training by transcription of staff notation and the Nashville number system.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Dedicated lesson space.
- Amplifiers for electric guitar and bass.
- Electric guitar, 2 Acoustic guitars, Classical Guitar, Ukulele, and Mandolin
- Audio Technica AT4040, Pre-Sonus TubePre, M-Audio Mobile USB DAC, Apple Mac mini, Logic DAW, and M1 Active Alesis Studio Monitors for Audio Recording.
-M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 for Piano playing.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I can bring all curriculum. I expect each student to own the respective instrument that they are wanting to learn.
*** Specialties ***
I like to blend a basis of music theory in with my song instruction, and I teach blues, jazz, country, rock, bluegrass, and latin styles of music. Since I have experience as a working musician, having been playing rock music in live settings for about 8 years and also jazz music for 6 years with 4 years of jazz study at Belmont University, I would say I have gathered a wide range of musical styles and specialize in all of them.
Guitar instructor for ten students at Music Star Studios, a local studio in south Nashville that provide in-home music lessons for the Nashville, Brentwood and Franklin areas. Also teach Skype webcam lessons through this studio. Responsibilities above private instruction include: preparing the students for an end of the year recital and grading students based on their work and dedication. Created digital copies of the curriculum that I use for my students so that my webcam students can still get the same learning experience.
One of two private guitar instructors, and a staff member of the Center for Homeschool Enrichment and Tutorial. Teacher of around twenty students on Tuesdays and Thursdays, ranging from ages eight to eighteen, and from all skill levels: beginning to advanced. I have responsibilities beyond teaching that include overseeing and coordinating the end of the year student recital. Music Theory instructor for high school students for a one hour class every Tuesday.
· Ukulele · Online Thumbs up
· Guitar · In studio I recently picked up guitar and have just concluded my 7th lesson with Cameron. He's done a great job at making the guitar fun and easy to understand. It is very clear that he is passionate about the instrument, and making sure that his students understand not only how to play certain songs but the theory behind them. It's been great having him as a teacher.
· Guitar · In studio For years, I've wanted to play guitar and had picked up a very basic understanding of how to play along the way. Cameron quickly identified the things I knew and adapted each lesson to where my skill level was at. He was great at incorporating the things I wanted to know with the things I needed to know, and built my lessons from the meager understanding I already had. A great experience, all around. Highly recommended!
· Guitar · Great Success
As a middle-aged adult just getting started learning an instrument, I was concerned about how well I would do. Cameron makes the learning curve easy and with practical homework assignments along the way, immediate feedback is assured. Highly recommended