- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have studied, performed and taught music for over 10 years. I hold a B.A. in music from USC. My professional experience as a musician and teacher has led me to many areas of the music business. I've worked as an apprentice to several established film composers and arrangers and have had the opportunity work with Lionel Hampton New York Big Band, Metropole Orchestra, Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra, Clayton Brothers, Rachelle Farrell, Michael Buble, and Charles Aznavour. I play guitar, piano, bass, ukulele, banjo as well as write music.
*** Lesson Details ***
I am extremely patient and firmly believe that anybody can learn to play music.
I try to keep my teaching philosophy simple. We figure out your musical goals and aspirations and carve out a path to achieving them. Along the way I will try to illuminate how the path to attaining your goals and aspirations is best taken at an enjoyable, relaxed pace and with a strong work ethic.
I always prepare for your lessons based on your interests, integrating relevant books and videos, creating handouts tailored to what we are studying in order to maintain clarity.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Guitars, Keyboards, Ukuleles, Microphones, Amplifiers, Recording Equipment
*** Specialties ***
Any style you prefer (Rock, Pop, Folk, Country, Jazz, Bluegrass, etc.)
Teaching group guitar classes to both non-majors and majors
Taught students piano in 1 on 1 private lessons.
Led worship weekly with vocals, guitar and piano in addition to directing worship team and preparing/composing/arranging music for services
Taught private lessons and group guitar classes.
Taught group guitar classes to 20+ children, leading to a group performance at the school's annual fair.
Worked with: Lionel Hampton New York Big Band, Metropole Orchestra, Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra, Clayton Brothers, Rachelle Farrell, Michael Bublé, and Charles Aznavour
Co-led classes for professional musicians teaching how to use the Finale notation program.
· Banjo · In home Grace loved it! She immediately took out her banjo and started practicing as soon as Calvin left. Calvin is fantastic! He's very encouraging and nurturing and a lot of fun!
· Banjo · In home Awesome. Very knowledgeable and patient. Highly recommend.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home As an older student just starting out I felt I hit the jackpot with Calvin. He worked with me to learn the music I was interested in and at the same time he taught the fundamentals. I always looked forward to our time together. He is kind, helpful, and honest. I highly recommend Calvin.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Great Lesson! Looks like we can work really well together. Calvin communicates very clearly and sets up practice work in a way that is very doable.
· Piano · In home Calvin was great! Super professional and excellent and fun with my 5 year old! Highly recommend!
· Piano · In home Calvin is AWESOME. He is very patient and encouraging. My daughter loves working with Calvin. He is prompt and goes out of his way to inspire. We highly recommend Calvin
· Ukulele · In home Outstanding teacher -- very patient with my wife, who is a parkinsons patient;
he demonstrates patiently, encourages her, has her tuning her ukelele and
playing chords after only three lessons. A gentle, knowledgeable force.
· Piano · In home Very personable! Very compassionate about what he teaches to the kids! Recommend!
· Piano · In home unique techniques / perspectives
best I've experienced.
· Piano · In home Calvin is an excellent teacher and Daniel enjoys the lessons!