- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 16 and up
Callie D. graduated from Manhattan School of Music in New York City with a Master of Music degree in vocal performance and has a Bachelor of Music degree in vocal performance from Southern Methodist University. A native Houstonian, she began her operatic training with a scholarship position in the Houston Grand Opera High School Voice Studio. Callie has recently relocated to Houston after 7 years of teaching and performing in the United Kingdom. Callie brings energy and positivity to the teaching studio, understanding that confidence and enjoyment are at the forefront of any musician's experience. This foundation alongside diligent attention to vocal health and technique have been the hallmarks of her teaching style.
Her performance experience has spanned the United States and Europe. Alongside a busy concert calendar, she has sung in productions with Opera Danube in London (UK), Longborough Festival Opera (UK), Opera Project (UK), Co-Opera Co in London (UK), the Amalfi Coast Music Festival (Italy), Centro Studi Lirica (Italy) and the American Institute of Musical Studies in Graz, Austria.
Callie is a 2016/17 Da Camera of Houston Young Artist and joins the Houston Grand Opera Chorus for their production of Verdi's Requiem in 2017. She was a 2014/15 OperaWorks artist at English National Opera.
*Although Callie has indicated teaching is only available from her home studio, there is scope for teaching from a student's home if there are 3+ students (or 1.5 hours teaching) in the same location and if Callie's schedule permits travel. Please inquire in such cases.
Private voice lessons for students aged 13 - 18. Stowe School is a boarding school in Buckinghamshire, England.
Private voice lessons for students aged 7 - 16. Quinton House is a private school in Northampton, England.
Private voice lessons for students aged 12 - 18. Bishop Stopford is a Church of England school in Kettering, England.
Private voice lessons for students aged 12 - 18. Brooke Weston Academy is a secondary school in Corby, England.
The Incorporated Society of Musicians is the UK’s professional body for musicians.
· Classical Voice · In home Callie taught my 12 year old daughter for a couple of years and was brilliant - my daughter learned a huge amount, and her voice improved immeasurably from being a child's pleasant reasonably tuneful voice, to having a really lovely voice. Highly recommended.
· Singing · In studio I took lessons with Callie in the UK and really miss her! She treats each pupil as an individual, adopting different techniques to get the most out of them. She really helped me to understand how my body plays such a part in my singing, and when I found that hard to get my head round she used many and varied techniques both physical and imaginary to help me understand. Amazing what a balloon or an imaginary rubber band can do! I would highly recommend Callie. She's professional, dedicated, enthusiastic, friendly and very talented! She really helped me to develop my voice and give me more confidence and when you're 40+ that's a big deal!
· Singing · In studio Callie was superb. She built a strong raport with my daughter, gave her a lot of confidence and, most importantly, the skills to succeed in her singing. My daughter's singing hugely benefited from Callie's teaching. She enjoyed her singing and looked forward to her lessons each week. Now that Callie is unable to carry on with her lessons due to her move to the US, she is sorely missed but I will be forever grateful for giving my daughter a love of singing and helping her to develop her voice.
· Singing · In studio Callie has proved a great vocal coach! My daughter has always enjoyed singing for pleasure yet has been too shy to sing in public. Under Callie's tuition, she has not only developed her singing ability and enabled her to make progress and pass a number of exams, with gentle encouragement she has given her the confidence to sing in public and ultimately to successfully perform the lead role in a school musical production of the Wizard of Oz. I cannot recommend Callie highly enough!
· Vocal Training · In studio I have received both individual and group lessons with Callie, her simple and easy to follow instructions both helped my breathing and the tone quality of my voice.
Her suggested warm up procedure also helped me further develop my voice control.
· Vocal Training · In studio Hi
With no previous singing experience and at the ripe old age of 62, I took up a challenge to join a male voice choir.
I was really struggling to make the grade until a friend suggested Callie may be able to help.
In next to no time she had taught me to breathe properly, an all-important warm-up routine and correct singing posture. She then concentrated on developing my technical awareness and pitching skills - The improvement was incredible as was the increase in my confidence and the pleasure derived from my singing.
Callie thankfully joined the choir as voice coach at this juncture and I (and the choir) greatly benefitted from her on-going tuition and support.
I am now 63 and comfortably hold my own and make a meaningful contribution in the Bass section of the choir. If only I’d started years earlier – it’s such great fun and so rewarding.
Callie is very professional, empathetic, effective and great fun to be with and comes highly recommended.
· Singing · In home Callie is obviously passionate about singing and teaching youngsters to sing as this shines through in everything she does. Her manner is always kind, full of fun and energy. She makes the lessons fun and enjoyable. I would thoroughly recommend her to anyone.
· Singing · In studio We were privileged to have Callie as her singing teacher for four and half years. In that time Callie has helped to nurture my daughter from a nine year old with a cute voice to a fourteen year old who is comfortable singing classical and musical theatre songs.
Callie was always polite and made us feel welcome in her home when we took Georgia for her lessons. Callie's enthusiastic attitude and effervescent personality meant my daughter always looked forward to her lessons and enjoyed them, even if they were after a hard day at school.
It was a sad day when Callie told us she was moving back to Houston and that we would need to find a new teacher. I would definitely recommend Callie as a singing teacher for students of all ages and genders.
· Vocal Training · In studio I attended training with Callie for some months in Northampton to assist with my pitching of notes. She was patient and supportive and helped me achieve a much better pitch.
Additonally she is very competent in teaching breathing techniques and posture to increase vocal volume and I feel I benefitted positively
· Classical Voice · In studio Callie is a superb teacher, combining a warm personality with a professional manner that brings the best out of her students. Alongside her love of music and her artistic approach is a thorough understanding of good vocal technique, which she can impart to students through clear explanations and demonstrations. Whilst she was teaching in the UK it was a pleasure to work with Callie - I highly recommend her to students of singing in the US!