- Teaches students:
- and Ages 5+
- Teaching since:
- January 1995
I offer lessons on acoustic and electric guitar, Pro Tools, music production, mixing, and mastering.
Lessons are available at the studio in Ambler, PA and locally within the Philadelphia area. Remote lessons available via Skype, FaceTime and/or video delivery. Feel free to contact me!
My goal is to keep students excited about what they’re doing. I approach each student individually and tailor lessons around what they want to learn. If that means putting in extra time on my own to work on something for a student, I’m all in!
I spent the last 10 years as Director of Education and Senior Instructor at Pyramind (audio production school in San Francisco, CA). I am a certified Pro Tools Expert with well over a dozen Avid certifications. My time at Pyramind helped me grow tremendously as a teacher, educator and musician, but in 2016 I left that position to return to the Philadelphia area and launch Turning Point Music, focusing on lessons, mastering and audio production.
I’ve been a fanatical guitarist for over 25 years and and a teacher for over 15 years. Guitar credits include The Halo Anniversary and Iron Man II video games. Examples of my guitar and production work can be heard all over Turning Point Music (.net)’s website.
- ￼Owner & Operator of Audio Production facility
- Mastering Credits include: Galactic Reign Video Game Soundtrack, Crimson Dragon Video Game Soundtrack, a Virus Named Tom Video Game Soundtrack, Sunset Overdrive Video Game Soundtrack, the Tumbleweed Wanderers, Lia Rose, JUS, Birds Over Arkansas, Scott Haskitt, SAPTA and many more.
- Guitar Credits include Halo Anniversary and Iron Man II Video Games
- Expertise in production, recording, mixing, mastering and fretted instruments Deep knowledge of contemporary music production techniques
- Certified Pro Tools Expert, Mastery of SoundBlade, Universal Audio, MCDSP and a wide variety of third-party plug-ins
- Disciplined practicing musician and composer
- Responsible for entirety of Pyramind ground campus admissions and sales
- Increased Pyramind Training annual ground campus revenue from 1.2 to 1.9 million from 2012 - 2015
- Personally interviewed and assessed all applicants to the school
- Worked with applicants to evaluate their backgrounds and determine the right program to meet their goals
- Created all funding plans and evaluated credit applications of potential students
- Tracked all monthly payments and worked with Pyramind accounting to address delinquencies Proactively created and maintained cash flow analysis spreadsheets for Pyramind ground campus receivables
- Responsible for training of Admissions Coordinator and delegation tasks
- Solely responsible for pursuing and attaining Veterans Administration approval & funding for Pyramind Training (earning over $500k in additional revenue since 2012)
- Responsible for school recertification with government agencies including SEVIS (Student & Exchange Visitor Information System), the BPPE (Bureau for Private Post Secondary Education), California State Approving Agency and the Veteran’s Association.
- Pro-actively created and maintained Pyramind Training’s printed course catalog
- Extremely active in curriculum and new class development
- Active in teacher evaluation and new hires to the training team
- Sales team leader and primary communicator with all new student applicants
- Responsible for invoicing of all students
- Taught 2-4 classes per week as Senior Instructor in Mixing & Mastering & Pro Tools
- Instructor for Pro Tools Online 101 and 110 classes
- Mixing & Mastering Engineer and guitar talent for Pyramind Studios
- Taught 4-12 students per week in private guitar & music theory instruction
- Primary focus: rock, blues, metal and folk guitar
I have literally dozens of Pro Tools certifications including Expert, Operator Music, Operator Post and User across many, many versions over many years.