- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Bronwyn Keith-Hynes and I am a bluegrass and Irish fiddler living in Boston, MA. I am one of only a few fiddlers who play and teach bluegrass and Celtic music at a professional level. I have been playing the fiddle for 21 years, beginning at the age of 3 and graduated from Berklee College of Music in 2009 with a Professional Diploma in Violin Performance. I have performed with The Milk Carton Kids, Anais Mitchell, Tony Trischka, and Peter Rowan and currently perform with my progressive bluegrass band Mile Twelve. In addition to my private teaching practice, I teach workshops at festivals and camps across New England and have been on staff for the last two years at Berklee College of Music teaching private lessons for the Five Week Program.
I have been teaching private fiddle lessons for the last ten years to students of all ages, levels and backgrounds.
I was the violin and viola teacher at the Berklee College Five Week Summer Program in 2014 and 2015.
Broadcast Music Inc. was founded in 1939 by forward-thinkers who wanted to represent songwriters in emerging genres, like jazz, blues and country, and protect the public performances of their music. Operating on a non-profit-making basis, BMI is now the largest music rights organization in the U.S. and is still nurturing new talent and new music.
· Violin · In studio Great attitude and helpful suggestions
· Fiddle · In studio Bronwyn is a gifted fiddle teacher with an uncommon ability to intuit what her students need and how they learn best. She teaches a broad range of students, including accomplished musicians, but I came to her as a 50-year-old with basically no musical background at all. As anyone who has tried this instrument knows, the fiddle has a learning curve that can be daunting to beginners. But Bronwyn managed to coax me to the next level and the next. She is deeply knowledgeable, patient and has an infectious love of the music. She makes it fun. My sense is that great musicians are not always great teachers. Bronwyn is both. I would recommend her to anyone.
· Fiddle · In home Bronwyn is one of the best fiddlers I know and she's a great teacher too! Her understanding of bluegrass, celtic and many other styles is really on an expert level. She's patient and works hard to make sure her students understand the material and are using the best technique they can.
· Fiddle · In studio Bronwyn is everything you want in an instructor - knowledgable, talented, patient, and encouraging. I am learning Irish fiddle and am always impressed by her knowledge of Irish tunes. She is so good at breaking down the steps to make picking up tunes feel easy, and I have been able to learn quickly with her help. I really enjoy taking lessons with Bronwyn and would recommend her to anyone interested in fiddle or violin lessons!
· Fiddle · In studio Bronwyn is a pleasure to work with! She's always very patient and encouraging and is so very passionate about playing music that it's infectious. Would definitely recommend her as a fiddle/violin teacher.
· Fiddle · In studio I've know Bronwyn for over 3 years now, and I recently had the privilege of joining her band, Mile Twelve. I've had an amazing experience working with her. She's a powerfully expressive and adept musician, and her teaching is on par with her playing. I've gotten to see her teach in workshop settings with students of various skill levels and backgrounds, and she's always articulate, helpful, and kind in the way that she interacts with everyone.
· Fiddle · In home Bronwyn is an excellent fiddle teacher! I've been playing in a band with her for years, and have only heard great things about her from her students that have come out to our shows and festival performances.
· Fiddle · In studio Bronwyn has been a fantastic teacher for our daughter "M" for the last two years. She started with the O'Connor method, which was a great way to get a basic grounding in American fiddle music but quickly started to pull in tunes and techniques from other resources as well. Bronwyn has also been receptive to M's interests in various tunes and songs from Celtic to modern bluegrass to folk styles and has worked with her learn and play these varied styles. All the while, Bronwyn has done a great job of teaching M to progress as a musician and as a fiddler.
I see Bronwyn as a flexible and adaptive teacher who is willing to take varied paths toward a goal instead of insisting on single method or path. She is encouraging and gentle, and, because of these traits, she is able to ask her students to stretch themselves and try things they may not believe they can play. Bronwyn's Berklee training comes through as well as she layers aspects of musical theory into her teaching where it will help the student progress as a player and musician.
Finally, as an accomplished fiddler and a performer, Bronwyn goes beyond being a teacher and takes on a role of being someone young students can look up to, admire, and seek to emulate. I think our daughter sees her as a mentor.
Our experience with Bronwyn has been fantastic, and I heartily recommend her as a teacher to anyone looking to grow and develop as a fiddler.
· Fiddle · In studio Bronwyn is the best!!! I have been studying with her for the last 2 years and she has really helped me take my playing to the next level. She is such a patient teacher and extremely focused to detail, which has helped my technique immensely. She helped me branch out from my classical background to explore several fiddle styles, which has been so much fun. I would highly recommend her to anyone considering fiddle or violin lessons!