- Teaches students:
- Ages 5 to 18 and special needs
- Teaching since:
- May 2009
Hello! My name is Britney! At a very young age, I fell in love with all aspects of Musical Theatre. For more than 5 years, I've had the pleasure of teaching students of all ages all aspects of Musical Theatre (voice, dance, acting) too! I have a degree in Drama and Master certification in Musical Theatre and Classical Theatre from Spelman College, The New York Film Academy, and The British American Drama Academy (respectively). I have over 15 years of performance experience, professional dance and voice training, choreography, and teaching. Classical Theatre is my specialty! As a teacher, I am patient, sequential, and provide several opportunities for growth.
● Choreographed multiple dance numbers in six summer productions
● Managed young cast members during rehearsals and assisted in script reading and character development
● Directed scenes in which campers learned the basic fundamentals of acting, and stage work
● Coached campers as a voice and acting teacher where they learned the fundamentals of both crafts
Britney inspired hundreds of children to express themselves through song and dance at the drama camps that I run. Her teaching is fun yet purposeful, combining classic steps with cultural spice. Always fun.