- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been playing guitar for over 30 years and teaching for 25 years.
I've been featured in Guitar Player magazine (see attached pic). and my live experience includes concerts and tours with various bands (Champagne Francis, Scout), theater (Jersey Boys, Movin' Out, Josh Gad (Book of Mormon) and TV performances (Jay Leno, The Today Show).
I enjoy teaching both children and adults. I recommend children under 10 start on a fender squire mini electric guitar ($99)
I am able to bring beginner and intermediate guitarists to an advanced level of playing and understanding songwriting, soloing and playing songs with good technique.
I look forward to hearing from you and helping you along your path of learning music and guitar.
*** Lesson Details ***
Each lessons builds upon the previous. The first half of the lesson is a review of material the student has covered; a "warm up"
The second half of the lesson is for learning a new song or guitar solo as well as chord theory (learning and understanding new songs / songwriting) and scale theory (learning and understanding how melodies and solos fit over chord progressions).
I recommend setting a baseline intention of practicing 15 minutes a day. If you stick to that every day you will improve on the guitar and be playing music very soon!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Fender guitar mini for ages 5-9.
Fender guitar (standard) 9-adult.
Fender Pro Reverb amp.
Chairs, Music Stand, Blank Sheet music, Books
Cables, picks etc.
No need to bring an instrument to the lesson!
*** Specialties ***
Electric and Acoustic guitar
Rock / Pop / Alternative / Blues / Folk / Heavy Metal / Jazz / Fusion / R&B
Learn anything on request!
I've been teaching guitar since 1987!
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
· Guitar · In studio Brian is both a great guitar player and an awesome instructor! Since starting with him my playing abilities and understanding of music theory have grown dramatically. In addition, he's a really cool guy that's truly interested in your growth as a guitar player. I recommend him without reservation.
· Guitar · In studio Brian is a great teacher. He's very knowledgable and I'm learning a lot with each lesson.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Brian is professional, considerate and kind, could get you play any songs you pick super fast and complement lessons with necessary basic trainings. Has a variety of gears in his studio so no need for you to bring your own all the way there. Yes the charge is higher than many other tutors but for a smooth & enjoyable learning process it's always worth it. P.S. Brian could write down the music for guitar part accurately just by listening to the songs and immediately teach it to you! Highly recommend.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Brian is amazing! Very talented Guitar player!!
He is so patient with my 6 year old boy. I highly recommend him to anyone in any level. :)
· Guitar · In studio I've been playing guitar for over 20 years, so when I decided to go back for more lessons I needed a teacher that would help me grow as a player. Brian has helped me connect my existing skills and knowledge to a whole new level of playing and understanding of the guitar. He is enthusiastic and patient, and listens to the inputs of the student but also pushes you to grow and keep improving. He has a great way of explaining concepts, and works with the student to keep them engaged. I highly recommend players of any skill level take lessons with Brian!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Brian is a great teacher, he is very patient to the beginners. My 11-years-old daughter loved his lessons a lot, she learned only more than 1 month with Brian, she is able to play a simple song.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio We highly recommend Brian to anyone in any level!! Not only he is an amazing guitar player, he is so patient with my 6 year old boy. He is Great!!!
· Guitar · In home If you are looking for a guitar instructor, Brian would be a perfect choice to go to.
He knows his guitar well and is willing to teach you. I am a beginner in guitar and Brian taught me all the basics of guitar. In 4 days of lesson, I can already play a song.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Brian is so kind and helpful. My 11-years-old daughter always enjoys his class, and she progresses very quick with him. Guitar classes are always very fun for her and she can always look forward to the next class. His teaching is very on point and he can always help you understand things very easily. Brian is a great teacher!
· Acoustic Guitar · In home I have only taken a handful of lessons from Brian so far but I feel confident and motivated to continue developing my guitar skills under his guidance. Brian is knowledgeable, patient, and creative. He pays attention to what the student needs and how he/she learns and adjusts his teaching style accordingly. I would highly recommend his lessons to any age group.