- Teaches students:
- Ages 13 to 23
- Teaching since:
Hi! Do you need help developing your craft and expanding your abilities? I can help! Using my experience with performing over the past 10 years and studying under professionals for the past 6, I can help you enhance your repertoire and confidence before heading into that audition! I advocate singing with effortless and healthy technique. Using tools and techniques I learned throughout the years I would love to help you blossom into a true triple threat.
My lessons run on a schedule to make sure we have ample usage of our time together. Here is an example of a 30 minute voice lesson schedule.
-15 minute vocal warm up including strengthening of range familiarity and exploring the pissagio.
-10 minute technique building within repertoire piece.
-5 minute summary of experience and how to work the tools at home to further develop.
*Times vary based off of need.
These lessons are more based of the needs of the individual. I love to give tips on how to have a professional headshot/resume, building the repertoire, as well as helping technically with performance matters such as songs and monologues for auditions and the like. Whatever you need, I would love to help!
I look forward to working with you!
Currently working on Seussical!
Previous Shows Include: Guys and Dolls, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Beauty and the Beast, and Willy Wonka.
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation&amp;amp;#039;s premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginning in 1921.+ Read More
Brandon asked me to review him and give an overview about how our lessons went. We went through a process as if it were this website. 5- 30 minute lessons.
1. We spent time talking about my ambitions and then he had me sing my go to audition song and perform my monologue for him. He gave general critiques but i could tell he just wanted to delve into the details to help me improve. At the end of the lesson he had me send him my current resume and headshot to see what we would be working with next time :) He gave me homework! But it was fun homework. Find three songs for yourself to practice. One you have down solid and could jump into for an audition at any time, one you're working on but aren't 100% confident in, and a dream role song/goal song. I thought that was rather cool. He makes you figure out for yourself where you are and where you aspire to be in the future.
2. We started off this lesson with a quick voice lesson where he showed me some unique tools to use on songs I rehearse by myself. These tools really worked! We then discussed the three songs I brought. He said they were great, but continued to ask if the goal song scared or intimidated me, I said no. So my homework before the next lesson was to find another goal song. "If your dreams don't scare you a little, they aren't big enough" -Brandon. We then discussed my resume and headshot and he gave me all these useful tips about how to come off as a more professional performer than just having words on a page. We spent the last ten minutes diving into my monologue. The immense attention to detail Brandon has is remarkable. He is a great teacher!
3. Another warm up with more helpful tools! Yay! WARNING! If you work with Brandon you may get wet! Haha, using water as a tool to open up and relax the vocal chords was brilliant, but it left water all over my living room floor. I brought my new song and it was a dream role that I truly never thought I would be able to obtain, so the first thing we did was dive into it, he showed me many places to work on airflow and made the song work for me. I leave every lesson full of ambition and drive to succeed. Brandon's ambitious and positive attitude is contagious.
4. I learn new tools to help me grow every time. I'm eternally grateful for Brandon and his experience. Today was a good day. We reviewed my monologue and my original song, as well as my fear song to see how much work I have done. Brandon was happy to see progress and he asked me what I wanted to do. What teacher asks you what you want to work on? Apparently Brandon does, he trusts his students to know their strengths and weaknesses and is willing to work with them on what they feel they need. I chose to have a talk about professionalism and any advice he had on auditioning. So for a solid 15 minutes we discussed exactly that, he held nothing back, and I appreciate that. Some teachers only tell you pieces of information so you pay more to take more lessons, not Brandon, he is here to help you NOW!
5. Sadly the last one is here! We warmed up and Brandon was sincerely surprised with my growth as a singer, and said a new fire is inside of me to learn (he is right). I ran through my songs afterwords, followed by my monologue. He was so proud of me. We had an amazing talk for the last ten minutes about my goals and how to not lose the fire inside me. I am so thankful for the opportunity to have his attention for these 2 and a half hours. Definitely grab him before he is too busy to get to you!
The best part about taking lessons with Brandon is developing our knowledge of the arts together. He will give me homework to go find something new to me to possibly workshop together, I love when I surprise him with something he has never seen or heard before. We work as a team and not necessarily as a coaching of one to the other, I love that!+ Read More
Brandon has helped me with producing a professional looking resume and also has helped me fill my repertoire with things that really match my personality and my voice. I love his motto "We want to find songs that work for your voice, not songs that you have to work to fit into." And together we have done just that!+ Read More
Lessons with Brandon are always laid back and there’s no pressure at all. You learn so much about yourself and your abilities in just 30 minutes! It’s crazy! Thank you Brandon for your being a part of my story.
Facetime lessons with Brandon have made getting training easy all the way from Ireland. Using his tools have helped me gain control over my ever developing voice. Every lesson I have walked away knowing it was 100% worth my time, money, and energy. Snag a spot with Brandon while you still can!+ Read More
I have taken lessons from Brandon for the past two years. He has a vast knowledge of tools and techniques to help develop your voice in a healthy and pain-free way. He helped me through my awkward voice change phase. I stopped singing because of the drastic change and lost my passion for performing. With lessons from Brandon I regained my confidence and have grown into my voice.+ Read More