- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi, Bob here...... very much looking forward to meeting you! I've been teaching music since 1980 (Guitar, Bass, Piano and Voice) and I love helping my students play well! Of course we throw jamming and/or composing music into the mix when desired and appropriate. Many of my students perform, and record their music.
I earned my degrees from the Berklee College of Music for Performance and Music Ed. in 1980. I founded my School of Music in 1983, which served as a prep school for Berklee and other schools. We offered private instruction, courses, ensembles and recording courses and producing artists and band's CD's. Many of my former students have become major stars and celebs in music.
I'm a warm, funny, passionate person. I love to teach and my teaching style is a patient, step by step, and custom tailored approach for your individual needs and goals. Always an emphasis on FUN! My philosophy as a teacher is to give you the tools and help you develop skills with them so that you can learn and grow musically on your own! I look forward to helping you reach and achieve all your goals!
I am an instructor on the TRUEFIRE.com website which is a guitar instruction site offering lessons and courses created by many of the absolute top name guitarists in the world.
I Created an 8 week course/workshop for Guitarists ~ "Complete Essential Guide to Jazz/Blues Comping". The course is totally interactive with over 90mins. of video instruction spread out over the course of the 8 week program, including rich illustrations, diagrams, charts, jam tracks and TABs.
My own personal private classroom instruction is also available on the Truefire.com web site.
I have been a pro studio musician since High School and started
doing session work at most of the major record label studios in Manhattan during the late 60's and early 70's.
At my music school I produced dozens of bands, singers and artists as well as jingles for TV and radio. I have also recorded, performed and toured with many top world class artists;
Larry Coryell, Joe Beck, Chick Corea, Grover Washington, Victor Bailey, Kenwood Dennard, John Payne, Arlen Roth and most recently Robben Ford.
Broadcast Music Inc. was founded in 1939 by forward-thinkers who wanted to represent songwriters in emerging genres, like jazz, blues and country, and protect the public performances of their music. Operating on a non-profit-making basis, BMI is now the largest music rights organization in the U.S. and is still nurturing new talent and new music.
· Acoustic Guitar · Online Amazing enthusiastic teacher!
I have a friend who has been taking lessons from one teacher for 3 years and learned one song! (Not even correctly) But, myself, have been taking lessons with Bob Wolfman for 2-3 months and have learned the grid method, cord construction theory, the musical staff, not to mention 2 whole songs. I would recommend this teacher to anyone willing to learn guitar correctly and productively.
· Ukulele · In studio I took lessons with Bob for 8 weeks, and was able to accomplish the things that I initially set out to do: have a better understanding of music theory, start to be able to read music, and to actually be able to play a song or two on the ukulele. Had my schedule not become impossible to work around, I would have continued. As someone who had never played ANY instrument, it's daunting to start at age 38, but this made it easier. I feel that I have the tools to continue to grow on my own. Thank you!
· Acoustic Guitar · Online I've been trying to get my Country chops up, and Bob's knowledge of slide style and finger-pickling have helped me tremendously. Every week I'm pushed further and further, and I'm the center of attention at every function! Great teacher for any style though.
· Guitar · Online Bob is the best! I've been struggling reading through guitar tab sites for months and months, but Bob helped me focus, make realistic goals, and his patience is beyond belief! Definitely a true master in his craft, I would recommend anyone to study with him. Very satisfied. A++
· Guitar · In studio Bob is one of a kind. Excellent teacher. He's teaching me at my own skill level. I'm a slow learner and he will not rush me. Awesome teacher.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Great teacher!
· Guitar · In studio I've had several guitar and music instructors both before and during college, and none have made music feel so intuitive and natural as Bob. I was very impressed at his ability to not only teach his thorough knowledge of the instrument and the art, but also with his willingness to individualize his teaching style and lesson content for me. He brings an enthusiasm to each lesson that is hard to find elsewhere. I've learned more these last few months with Bob than I've learned in the last 5-10 years! Unfortunately I recently decided to pursue a graduate school opportunity out of state and won't be able to continue studying with him now, but I intend to return back to Bob during breaks and when I return to Massachusetts.
I wholeheartedly recommend Bob as a guitar instructor!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Bob is a great teacher - and my son learned so much in a very short time!
· · Best teacher. Great teacher/ instructor and a great talent as a performer Able to teach technique so that you can really improve your skills His playing is unbelievable Can't wait to take more instruction from him
· Bass Guitar · In studio Bob's skill and knowledge on the guitar, and music as a whole, is unsurpassed.
He has developed his own method that can help you become the musician you want to be.
I have been playing professionally for over two decades since starting lessons at the Wolfman's school.