I teach my students how to understand how music is put together so they can learn even more on their own.
I read, write, and play all styles and I focus on teaching the student fundamentals that work in all styles of music ....AND I get them going on the style they are interested in - pop, rock, country, folk, etc.
I have spent my entire life in the music industry and I can show you how to use what I teach to apply to the real world. I have also been a successful songwriter and I can work with students to learn about song structure and song writing.
I am also good at preparing students for college music classes.
*** Lesson Details ***
I like to break it down into small steps and accomplish them, then move on to the next.
Each person learns differently and I am good at connecting with how you learn - then we can use a book or CD or not according to your needs.
I have several books to choose from as well as CDs and other tools. BUT .....some things are learned best through 1 on 1 instruction and explanation without a book.
I like to see progress every week and I usually do.
*** Studio Equipment ***
recording studio w/ seating for parents
*** Travel Equipment ***
Student needs instrument only to start and discuss from there.
I have many tuners, metronomes, props, books, etc
*** Specialties ***
I teach using modern popular songs as vehicles but back up examples with theory and some reading and ear training.
I usually get quick results and my students can understand the music as well as play it.
I taught lessons at C&S Music in Ft Worth back in the '80s.
Then I had a 20 year career in the music business as a songwriter, studio musician and studio owner/engineer.
In Nashville I owned Grey House Studio and Zig Productions - and was also a staff writer for Sony, Warner, and Universal publishers.
I currently produce CD projects in my Arlington Studio and still teach lessons a few days a week.
· Guitar · In studio Billy is a great teacher with a wealth of music knowledge and experience! Our 9-year old son is taking guitar lessons with him. Billy has met him right where he's at, and has made the lessons fun and engaging for my boy. GREAT WORK, BILLY!!!
· Piano · In studio He's a good teacher. Great with all ages, very patient with elders. Helped me achieve my goals with over 100 lessons
· Ukulele · In studio Since this was the first time venturing into playing an instrument and reading music, Billy was very patient with me. I left the lesson knowing more about the ukulele, the C scale, and the C F & G chords. I highly recommend Billy.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Great teacher and very knowledgeable. Laid back but still pushes you beyond your current comfort zone with each lesson. Always felt I learned something new and important each time to help with my development as a beginner bass player!
· Piano · In studio Nice guy, very laidback, very instructive, fun to work with, very mellow and talented
· Piano · In studio Billy's patience and understanding is great in teaching me Piano. Most enjoyable.
· Singing · voice lessons
billy is a awesome guy and a great teacher I would recommend him to anyone and most diffinitely keep my daughter there until she knows everything about singing.