- Levels Taught:
- Elementary, Middle School, High School, College
I also have 3 years of math/science tutoring experience, which will surely come in handy!
- Teaches students:
- and Ages 5 to 80
- Teaching since:
I have always been a self-studier in my entire life. Being able to learn with just books and your brain is a crucial skill to have! However, I know not everyone (and sometimes even myself) have the discipline and motivation to keep going during hard times. This is where a tutor would come in handy.
I enjoy tutoring and helping other overcome problems that I have encountered myself because it enhances my own understanding and makes me happy that my self-studying is helping others. Sometimes, my students even bring up alternative ways of thinking that I have never thought of before!
Aside from academics, I enjoy playing the piano. I also play the occasional volleyball and improv theater.
● Improve the low-latency trading platform for handling market data and order entry for various exchanges
● Assist traders in modeling and increasing their profitability and implementing new features upon their requests
● Applied anomaly detection techniques on network data to find possible intrusions and malicious traffic.
● Prototyped real-time machine learning/computer vision algorithms allowing autonomous mining vehicles to detect and classify obstacles.
o Developed road detection algorithms on rough surfaces based on 3D LiDAR point clouds.
o Implemented pattern recognition methods to classify obstacles based on image features (VFH).
● Tutored calculus, biology, computer science, and chemistry for newly immigrated high school students.
● Used both English and Mandarin Chinese to ensure that students fully understand the topics.
Helped me get through my algorithms course, thanks
Bill is superb at making difficult concepts easy! One particular problem I always had trouble understanding is calculating volume of revolutions using the cylindrical method. He drew a diagram explaining intuitively why the formula worked and it just clicked.+ Read More