- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Interested in playing the oboe or learning music theory? I give private lessons in oboe and music theory to students of all ages and levels. Located near USC, I teach out of my home studio or at your home. I have a bachelor's degree from the University of Washington, and I am currently completing my Master of Music degree in Oboe Performance at USC Thornton School of Music. I perform in orchestras around Los Angeles and in music festivals all around the world.
I have experience teaching students who wish to improve their skills on the oboe in a school band, orchestra, competitions, auditions, and performances. I am also passionate about music theory, ear-training, and music history, and have studied these subjects in college and graduate school. Please contact me for more information and to schedule your first lesson!
The International Double Reed Society (IDRS) was established in December of 1971 and is a world-wide organization of double reed (oboe and bassoon family) players, instrument manufacturers and enthusiasts. The society has over 4,400 members from 56 countries. Within the United States, 50 states as well as the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico are represented.
· Oboe · In studio I have never played a wind instrument before so it takes a lot of patience and guidance just to make a sound of any kind on the oboe. But now after 1 lesson with Bhavai I can actually play a melody or 2. She's a very good teacher.
· Oboe · In studio I learn so much from my lessons with Bhavani. She is friendly and organized, and is fun to work with. I would recommend taking lessons with her.