I graduated cum laude with a bachelors degree in Vocal Performance from Youngstown State University. I have been teaching since 1995. My students are successful opera singers, choir singers, rock singers and backup vocalists. I have sung for Orlando Opera, Vaudvillities, and Opera Project Columbus. I want music to be fun for everyone.
Encouraging students of all ages to find the best music in themselves.
Teaching students of all backgrounds and experience to sing.
Teaching music to children and adults
· Singing · In studio Our first experience with Betsy was fabulous! She was very knowledgeable and she helped explain her process very clearly. Afterwards, our daughter felt she'd learned a great deal in the short 45 minutes. We look forward to more lessons and more opportunities to learn and grow. We are very pleased with our selection of instructor!
· Singing · In home I had tried to take lessons years ago, but was really disappointed in the teacher for not doing much more than having me warm up, then sing a song over and over, then trying to encourage me to go out and sing karaoke as homework between lessons. Betsy understood my goals. She gave me vocal exercises to do as homework and explained WHY I would want to do these exercises. She is able to teach a range of styles, and was very informative when I had questions.
I would have given her 5 stars except that I need to work on confidence before letting other people hear me sing. The reason I wanted a local instead of online teacher was so that I would be out of my house so my own family couldn't even hear me. However, her family was home and sitting in the next room. This made it difficult for me to sing as loud as I needed to for hitting the high notes until well into the lesson when she was able to tell me that my pitch match was good.
· Singing · In home My daughter felt at ease with Betsy and walked away whispering, "Mom, I really like her!" Betsy is fun-loving and very personable. Look forward to getting to know her as she helps Olivia progress.
· Vocal Training · In studio Good First Impression. Took the time to get to know my needs as a vocalist!
Very friendly and knowledgeable.
· Singing · In home She is really nice and funny.. And wait to c her next week and sing more..