- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I graduated from California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) with a B.A. in Public Administration (what does that have to do with the Flamenco guitar?); prior to that degree, I received an A.A. in Political Science (again, what does that have to do with Flamenco guitar?). Currently I am in the process of completing my M.P.A. at CSUF (again…?). The answer to the aforementioned question is that, I enjoy politics and government work—it’s my profession. Nonetheless, I enjoy Flamenco most of all, and I want you to enjoy it too! ¡Vamonos!
The guitar is a wonderful instrument, which I began playing at the age of six. I began my studies with the classical guitar for the first 15 years of playing; and for these past 15 years I have studied the flamenco guitar—playing various concerts, events, and giving professional instruction.
My experience as a guitarist in Southern California has led me to explore different genres of music, playing for various musical groups ranging from surf rock, concert band, and jazz. As a co-founding member of the band, Ballistico, we opened up for acts such as Dick Dale and the Del Tones, the Grandmothers of Invention (featuring members of Frank Zappa’s original band, “Mothers of Invention”), Avenged Sevenfold, and many others.
Having received first hand instruction from the some of the most sough-after professional Flamenco guitarists living and working in Spain (and touring internationally), I offer each of my students an unrivaled degree of authenticity in technique, tone, and style.
Each lesson includes tablature and audio recordings of the material that we will have gone over together. It is completely normal that only a day or two after a lesson—or even a few hours afterwards—the mind can (and will) quickly forget the material. Don’t worry! I’ve got you covered. By having the accompanying written and audio material with you after each lesson, you will be well-prepared for a successful next lesson!
Providing recorded music composition for various music libraries. Providing live music performances.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Guitar · Online Very nice, patient, and good at observing and giving feedback. As an absolute beginner I always had an encouraged feeling during the lesson.
· Flamenco Guitar · In home Ben is a very good teacher who help my son improve a lot.
· Flamenco Guitar · Online Very knowledgeable in Flamenco styles. So far it has been a great experience. I am progressing quicker than I anticipated. I thought lessons were overrated, but he has proved me wrong. I look forward to the lessons each time. Thank you Ben!
· Flamenco Guitar · Online Great teacher and well organized!!
· Flamenco Guitar · In home Ben is a nice and patient person. Also he is a great teacher. My son and his friend like his lessons very much. And we'd like to continue our next session with him.
· Flamenco Guitar · In home I'm currently taking Flamenco guitar lessons with Ben. He's polite, kind, and straightforward. Makes me feel positive and confident throughout the lessons. I tend to ask a lot of questions but he's made sure to answer each of them with enthusiastic and insightful responses. I'd reccomend him to anyone looking for serious lessons from a very knowledgeable guitar teacher.
· Flamenco Guitar · In home Exceeded my expectations...Ben connected with me right away. As an adult beginner, I found his instructional methods and philosophy encouraging.
Looking forward to working with Bem for a long time....
· Flamenco Guitar · In studio Mr. Stubbs is an excellent musician and teacher. He has a wide range of musical ability from electric blues to classical guitar, and especially flamenco guitar. His approach of flamenco and his performance is masterful.
One would think that the discipline required to attain Ben''s level of ability would cause a person to get "stuffy" and dry . But a keen sense of humor, a quick wit and humility make time spent with Ben a pleasuraable learning experience.
· Flamenco Guitar · In studio Ben has been extremely patient with me & has helped me take my guitar playing to the next level. He's a great teacher & I'd highly recommend him to anyone!