- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Want lessons that will cater to your needs or the needs of your child and not a book?
My Reading and Phonics lessons are made to dazzle and awe your child into an understanding of letters, sounds, and the written page!! I also love to work with teachers when possible and also use placement tests to determine where to start and periodically to know how to continue. (The kids just think they are games).
My Music lessons are designed to foster a love for music and focus on your dream in the music world as well as build knowledge and expertise from that focal point!
Whether it be a specific genre, general, academic repertoire or just wanting to play or sing the songs you enjoy, I have the curriculum and supplemental material to reach your music goal!
Beginner? We can get you started on the right foot! I have experience with adult beginners, seniors and children of all ages. I have special curriculum and activities that enhance interest, reduce stress and help you to maintain what you learn.
Pre-schoolers have a curriculum all their own that teaches music through lovable animal characters with games on tablet, computer and other to teach, reinforce and excite their hearts.
Have some knowledge but just can't play or sing that special song? We can tailor a lesson just for that.
Can you read music but not play on your own? Can you play by ear and not read music? I have experience bridging the gaps.
Is your dream to become a Soloist, harmonizer or karaoke star? Accompany yourself or others or just play for fun? Then why not you and I embark on that exciting journey together!
Is your dream to become a church musician or play for a choir? or Are you already a church musician but need help with a particular song, program or musical?
Worship to Him is the reason that I do what I do!
Try us! You'll be glad you did!!!!
*** Lesson Details ***
I am a very laid back instructor, though the classes are very well structured.
Usually, we progress with a chosen curriculum according to the students music vision and initial overview during the 1st few classes. However, all curriculums are supplemented to enhance student performance and comprehension. Our supplemental material is used to go swifter for material that you grasp well and understand, and slower with more repetition for that that you need more practice, without being monotonous. It is also used to provide appropriate but exciting reinforcement of all material to ensure that material is retained.
We are forever updating material and also incorporate games and enhanced activities to keep lessons interesting and refreshing as well!
I also have experience in music therapy, teaching autistic, ADD, ADHD and those with varying degrees of brain damage.
*** Studio Equipment ***
3 Keyboards with midi/Earphones
3 Karaoke Machines with microphones and stands/TV capability
Computer with music games and software/TV capability
*** Specialties ***
Pre-school and Elementary Children through adults of any age especially for traditional theory, technique, performance creativity and all around fun lessons in piano, singing, organ and keyboard.
Beginning Organ lessons for any age including beginning church organist training.
Also Children, Adults and Teenagers in ear training, chording song specific and church music.
Musical Mentors is a non-profit charity focused on providing free, quality musical activities for children regardless of their socio-economic status.
We started out in 2007 with a simple and enthusiastic belief:
That if we provided youth with access to quality music lessons that they may not otherwise be able to afford, with mentors who serve as positive role models, most families and children would jump at the chance, and they'd be better off for it. As a result, the ranks of students we have had since 2007 are overflowing with stories of how a music mentorship has positively affected every aspect of their lives. Musical Mentors improves students' work ethic, boosts their motivation to do well in school, brings families of all kinds together in support of their children, and gives our students skills that will last a lifetime.
· Piano · In home Barbara is doing a great job with my niece. She takes time to make sure she doing well. I think she's great!
· Piano · Online Barbara has me on the right track
· Piano · In studio Ms. Barbara is an excellent teacher and seems to be very concerned that the student receives excellent training. My great niece, Aaliyah, is the student in training and she loves going to her lessons with Ms. Barbara.
· Organ · Online She knows her stuff. Very skilled teacher. Chose the best for organ lessons.
· Organ · Online She is tops, patient, and knows her stuff. Glad I chose her..
· Singing · In studio Mrs. Davis is very knowledge and patient, which makes for a productive and comfortable atmosphere. She pushes me to strive for greatness, which I need being the shy individual that I am. I absolutely love my singing lessons with Mrs. Davis
· Piano · In studio great patience with the little ones. You can tell she is used to working with them. Also kept his attention which is difficult.
· Organ · Online Great First lesson. A lot for me to work on - plus the followup material sent to me by Barbara will have me busy. All in all --- just what I have been looking for. Thanks, Barbara.
· Ear Training · In studio I'm delighted with Barbara as my piano instructor! As a senior citizen I find her knowledgeable, patient, encouraging, kind, friendly and professional in her approach. She takes into account my aims and goals as she develops effective lessons to reach those goals. Her music methods are up to date, as she matches the music to my preferred tastes. As she challenges me to reach my potential, she also allows for flexibility In order to meet my needs. I have also observed her working with very young children as well as young adults with the same satisfying results. I am very pleased and I recommend Barbara as the answer to your search for a piano instructor !
· Singing · In home Great experience. Barbara is a wonderful teacher!