- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
NEWS as of 6/22/17 - This July Ashley will be moving to Athens, GA to pursue her Master of Music degree at the University of Georgia as a graduate teaching assistant. Her studio will now be located in Athens, GA and teaching will begin on Sept. 1, 2017.
NEWS as of 3/28/17 - LIMITED AVAILABILITY due to performance schedule. I am currently only teaching on Tuesdays (all day) and Mondays. Please check calendar for your ideal time
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Vocal Performance, and have been teaching voice for 9 years. My students are regularly accepted into Honors choruses, community and academic musical productions, and are accepted into arts middle and high schools.
Teaching voice is my passion, and I love to teach individuals of all ages and ability levels. I teach with a very relaxed approach or a very directive one, and anything in between, depending on each person's needs. I have found that a positive attitude and a nurturing setting go furthest in helping people develop as singers. I have experience teaching both male and female voices, transgender voices, and almost all genres of music.
Hailed for her effortless high notes, warm timbre, and vocal agility, coloratura soprano Ashley A. is a versatile performer and advocate of early and contemporary music.
In 2017/18, Ashley makes her European début singing the roles of Aricie in Rameau’s Aricie et Hyppolite and Diana in Cavalli’s La Calisto with Woodhouse Opera Festival in London. Upcoming engagements also include medieval repertoire with early music group Lauda Musicam, a presentation of Baroque music for the Historical Keyboard Society of North America, and two programs with Savannah Baroque: Love and Passion and Donne in Musica, the latter presenting music of female composers of the Baroque era. In the summer, she will return to the Savannah Voice Festival as a second year studio artist under the tutelage of Sherrill Milnes.
In 2016, Ashley was in a featured soloist in Haydn’s Missa brevis Sancti Joannis de Deo, and prior to that she portrayed the role of Josephine in HMS Pinafore presented by Asbury Memorial Theatre. She was a featured soloist on a program of medieval Spanish repertoire with early music ensemble The Goliards, which she has collaborated with since 2010.
Other past operatic performances include Ännchen in Der Freischütz, Barbarina, La Contessa and Susanna in Le Nozze di Figaro, Erste Dame, Pamina and Papagena in Die Zauberflöte, Fiordiligi in Così fan tutte, and Mabel in The Pirates of Penzance.
Ashley has pursued the study of voice, vocal pedagogy, acting, and Alexander Technique with teachers from around the country since 2008. Currently, she studies with Sharon Stephenson, Dr. William Lavonis, and Dr Ron Dennis. She resides in Atlanta, Georgia where she maintains a private studio in addition to her performance schedule.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· Singing · In studio I've only had 1 lesson with Ashley, but really look forward to continue working with her. She's super knowledgeable, very welcoming and encouraging. I feel (even after 1 lesson) that I have clear, specific goals to work on for the next lesson.
· Singing · In studio Ashley is an amazing teacher. She is very professional. I have learned so much from her already on my first lesson. Not only she is a great singer herself, she is a great teacher. I feel very confident taking lessons from her.
· Singing · In studio Ashley was very professional. My daughter responded well to her teaching style. Ashley requested the music my daughter was working on in advance and suggested other song choices for her voice. Ashley played the music on the piano while my daughter sang. She did breathing techniques and other voice warm ups too. She even gives homework. We love her and HIGHLY RECOMMED her.
· · I've collaborated with Ashley on musical performances for the past five years. She is an incredibly gifted singer and a wonderful woman! She is patient with her accompanying musician (me!) and works very hard at what she does. She would be an AWESOME voice teacher!
· Singing · In studio Already learned a lot. She gave me some great exercises to work with at home.
· Singing · In home Ashely is awesome! She made me feel so comfortable in our first lesson. Can't wait for our next lesson.
· Audition Prep · In home I was having a tough time with an audition piece and after working with Mrs. Roper I could tell that there was lots of improvement. She understands what I need to do to improve and she tells me how to do it in ways that I will understand. She is a truly amazing vocal instructor and I wouldn't want to take lessons from anybody else.
· Singing · In home Ashley does a wonderful job combing healthy voice technique with the goals of the singer. I personally noticed a huge positive change in my singing voice after only 2 months working with her. My job requires me to talk all day, andIi gig regularly around town on some week nights and most weekends so getting more voice perked back up was a must. She did just that and more. I look forward to continuing my lessons with her.
· Vocal Training · In studio You better do your homework. Holy WOWZERS does this girl know her stuff!
she's an excellent voice instructor. She has you record yourself each session so you'll know where you're at from the last, and she gives you take home notes after each session on where your voice is at and what you should be focusing on. She teaches from her home which makes you feel really comfortable