- Teaches students:
- Ages 15+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
Hello, and thanks for visiting! I have been teaching piano, voice, & various aspects of music for 10+ years now. I have a degree in Sound Engineering from Texas State University (2011), with a piano focus. More importantly, I've been playing the piano & singing for 27 years, and have developed a deep love for all things music.
I write my own music & perform nationally playing piano & singing. I have also done over 500 classical performances & worked as an accompanist at the college level. You can visit my webpage at: http://www.ashleighstonemusic.com.
I prefer to ask my students what their main goal is and work from there. Most students don't want to be classical pianists. Many of the students I work with just want to be able to play songs, write songs, or jam with their friends. I can teach you all of those things as well as the traditional piano and classical methods.
I look forward to hearing from you and helping you realize your musical dreams.
• Coach 150+ students at the university level
• Teach recital and performance etiquette
• Direct students with reliable insight on:
o musical styles
o historical context o interpretation
• Implement methods and standard pedagogy
• Implement scheduling for lessons, recitals, & practice
• Sight read large repertoires of music quickly
• Teach all levels of students, ages 5 – adult
• Assess student’s technical playing ability
• Assess student goals and trajectory
• Assess student progress through recitals
• Diagnose student challenges in technique & theory
• Implement appropriate rep. & methods
• Implement clear, reliable communication
• Schedule lessons
An American honor society for undergraduate students, graduate students, and professors of music. There are currently 205 active chapters and approximately 64,500 individual members.
GRAMMY U is a unique and fast-growing community of college students, primarily between the ages of 17 and 25, who are pursuing a career in the recording industry. GRAMMY U events and special programs touch on all aspects of the music industry, from the technology to the tracks themselves. Events are scheduled throughout the semester to give GRAMMY U members a wide variety of experiences and professional development. Because we are part of The Recording Academy, members have extraordinary access to the industry and its artists.+ Read More
As a local music teacher and performer who has worked with Ashleigh on many occasions, I highly recommend her to teach piano, voice, and any other music instruction. She is a first-rate musician with an extensive knowledge of theory and piano technique. And, her pleasant nature makes her very comfortable to be around!+ Read More