- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
April Chung is a young Taiwanese pianist who has performed in many countries. She began to play the piano at the age of four and gave her first performance at the age of seven. Her recent performances include solo recitals in Boston and Los Angeles, piano concertos at the Perugia Festival in Italy, as well as chamber concerts in Luxemburg. She has also performed as a soloist in Salzburg, Austria and Taipei, Taiwan.
Besides performing, Ms. Chung enjoys teaching music. Her students include all ages and the subjects range from piano playing to music theory, harmony and counterpoint, ear training, form and analysis, as well as music appreciation.
Ms. Chung holds a Masters of Music degree in Piano Performance from the University of Southern California under the studios of Professor Bernadene Blaha and Professor Daniel Pollack. Ms. Chung also holds a Bachelor of Music degree from the Boston Conservatory at Berklee under the instruction of Professor YaFei Chuang.
With a very warm and friendly personality, Ms. April always gives positive energy to her students. She is very caring, encouraging and she expects her students to bring out their best to the lessons. Her students love her fun and true music stories, which give them strong motivation to practice.
Please feel free to visit her website for more information about her teaching philosophy:
-TV and Speaker
-reward gifts for young kids
-music board games
I am an official qualified Yamaha piano instructor and currently working with kids in Yamaha School of music that provides its own method of teaching and learning system.
I work with students at all ages in the French Conservatory of Music located in the center of Beverly Hills as a Piano instructor.
The Yamaha Advanced Certificate is the official certificate in order to be able to teach in Yamaha Music School all around the world.
· Classical Piano · In studio April is a knowledgable, skilled and kind piano teacher. She is very knowledgable about and helps me with the little details in the songs I play like articulation in Bach and rubato in Chopin. Overall, since I've been taking lessons with her, my technique, interpretation and music theory have all improved greatly. :)))
· Classical Piano · In home Very good piano teacher. I had the pleasure of taking piano lessons with April and she has a natural ability to teach. April helped me to make a lot of progress in a very short time! And she is very involved in having the classes always very enjoyable for the student, by adding some cultural/historical references and funny facts about classical composers and music in general.
· Classical Piano · In studio I've been taking lessons with Ms. April Chung for a couple months. I had not played the piano since high school, and was hoping to pick up the old habit. Lessons with Ms. Chung has been pleasant, efficient, and very informative. I am very impressed (or shall we say surprised?) in how fast my techniques improved over the short period of time. I was able to put together a solid Chopin piece in good shape over a few weeks. I especially admire April's tips for self-practicing, and her balanced focus on both basic skills and musical expressiveness. I highly recommend anyone, with different experience and age, to work with Ms. Chung and learn to enjoy playing the piano.