Hi! I'm a native Savannahian living in Richmond Hill, Georgia. I'm married and have four handsome sons, one gorgeous grand-daughter and one beautiful grandson! I grew up playing piano and bagpipes and began playing the lever harp in the mid-1980's. I've been performing on the lever harp in the Savannah area since 2003. I began teaching lever harp in 2004 and my students were consistent winners in Scottish harp competitions. I teach a variety of music including: folk/trad., Medieval, classical, pop. I am a founding member of the Savannah Goliards: an Early Music ensemble. I did not major in music in college but received my B.A. in Anthropology at Univ. of Cinti. Please note: I do not teach pedal (orchestral) harp but send my students on to a pedal harp teacher when they reach the proper level for training to begin. I offer small harps for rental purposes.
· Harp · Online Anne is easy to understand, and very encouraging. It's a joy to take lessons from her!
· Harp · In studio I have not been a student of Anne's, but I have collaborated with her on numerous musical concerts. She is an excellent musician and harpist, and working with her is a joy.
· Harp · In home Anne is a very encouraging and caring teacher. Her enthusiasm is contagious--it has caused me to develop a love for harp and Celtic music.
Also, now that I am older, I appreciate her flexibility in giving me lessons in my home and putting up with my noisy birds!
· Harp · In studio I love working with Anne. She is patient and teaches in a way that I can break things down and understand. I highly recommend taking lessons with Anne.
· Harp · In home Anne is the best music teacher for anybody. She taught our 13 year old daughter and they had such a connection from day 1 because of her loving nature, receptiveness, and nurturing soul. She has incredible intuition and knows how to relate to everybody. She is charming, delightful and an incredible musician herself. She has command of music theory and inspiration for plenty! Best instructor ever!!!