- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Studied violin with Tchaikovsky Competition Winner Frank Almond
Master’s Degree in Violin Performance
San Diego Symphony -Musical Merit Winner -Judge for ASTA Solo Competition
Taught violin lessons for SDSU Music Department Community Music School
Motion Pictures including Oscar Winning Soundtrack “The Usual Suspects”
FORMER STUDENTS: I have a former student who plays on Broadway! Other former students are working on Master’s Degrees, are professional violinists, orchestra teachers, conductors, chamber music players, in Youth Symphonies and have gone on to study music in Europe, play in a Symphony Orchestra, one is a violin maker, one is a fiddler that has played in bands, one teenager beat out 14 other violinists when auditioning for the first violins in a Youth Symphony. Some former students now teach violin students of their own, I am a "Grand Teacher"! There are many more, I have lots of pictures of students from over the years.
BEGINNING STUDENTS: (**Please note, if you plan to buy violin let me help! It must be suitable and properly sized!) Brand new? I can show a beginner how to play a song at the first lesson, ask how! I start using Suzuki Books, how to read music, scales, vibrato, and shifting, later adding Introducing the Positions, Sevcik , Kruetzer, etc. I love teaching children and teenagers, but some of my favorite students are Adult Beginners or Adults that are returning to violin lessons again after many years.
CONTINUING STUDENTS: Be prepared to play scales and your most recent repertoire. I can help with Youth Symphony music -College Music Department Audition –Jury for a Music Major. I love to teach music and I am a dedicated teacher.
WHO I HAVE PLAYED FOR: Presidents of the United States and over 75 Celebrities including America's Got Talent Winner Jackie Evancho, American Idol Clay Aiken, Smokey Robinson, Burt Bacharach, Natalie Cole, Tony Bennett, Pierce Brosnan, Page & Plant of Led Zeppelin, Josh Groban, Donna Summer, Henri Mancini, Pavarotti, Michael Crawford, Yanni, Moody Blues, Dave Brubeck, Mannheim Steamroller, Luis Miguel, John Tesh, David Sandborn and many many more.
PLAYING THE VIOLIN IS FUN! An orchestra of my own young students played for my own wedding. I currently am teaching a set of triplets in my studio. I have gone Christmas caroling on horseback with my violin. I played fiddle music with my string quartet as the Bride rode up the isle on a horse. I have performed at Renaissance Faires. When Los Angeles Rock DJ Dave Richards, the host of top rated 101.5 KGB-FM morning show Dave, Shelly & Chainsaw was getting married he chose my Rock String Quartet to play at his own wedding.
* I toured internationally as a member of a Symphony Orchestra
* I won a solo competition and toured as concerto soloist with an orchestra
* I won a scholarship to study at an Institute of the Arts where the Artist in Residence was violin virtuoso Camilla Wicks
* Scholarship Competitions: "Musical Merit" winner
* Solo Violin Recital sponsored by the local Symphony at the Mellman Community Library with Laura Vaughan harp
Temecula CA Music of Ravel and more, Winter of 2013
I studied with Mary Gerard, Michael Tseitlin and Tchaikovsky Competition Lauret Winner Frank Almond who plays on the Lipinski Stradivarious. He is the Concertmaster of the Milwaukee Symphony
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
· Violin · In studio I am finally excelling through the challenging beginner level of violin playing thanks to Anna's thorough instructions and support. She is honestly the best violin teacher I could hope for.
· Violin · In home Anna was amazing, we got so much accomplished during our hour session. She was able to take her highly skilled experience and assess exactly where our daughter was at. Her manorism was as kind as a mother with the high skill of a professional. She was patient, kind and encouraging. She went the extra mile and her passion for the violin is palpable and transfers over to the student. Her love of God shines through her instruction even without her saying so, I value this.5 stars from our family
· Piano · In studio Loved how she instructed!
· Violin · In home Very professional, patient, kind and supportive instructor.
I do recommend her for sure. I felt comfortable and enjoyed the class.
· Cello · In studio Anna and I noticed that I had difficulty with tension in my wrist while trying to finger the fingerboard of the violin. I've heard that older beginner violin students and especially males tend to have problems with not being able to adapt their Arm/Wrist/Hand enough to play violin. Anna and I decided to have her monitor my progress of being able to rotate my arm/wrist/hand enough to play the violin proficiently and with some exercise I improved, but not enough to prevent wrist tension. So after my 5th violin lesson I went with Anna's suggestion to try the Cello. She even invited me to try one out. It was perfect for me. I'm eight lessons in now and loving it!!! I'm happy that Anna showed so much concern for me and instead of allowing me to just give up on my dream to learn a string instrument she encouraged me to just try the Cello and it worked out.
· Violin · In home Anna is gracious and tender with her students and family members. Her refined gift as a violinist carries over to her life and she is truly a joy to have as an instructor. My six year old daughter has had Anna as an instructor for almost a year and she has thrived with Anna. Anna is a gift and I highly recommend her!
· Violin · In home I'll be taking my 5th Violin Lesson with Anna today and I've already paid for 5 more lessons. Keeping to her word she did indeed show me how to play a song at the first lesson. As an instructor of an adult beginner, she has shown patience, care, concern, attention to detail, understanding, and knowledge of teaching those that require Violin Basic Skills. She always seems to be happy, positive and as though she really enjoys what she does. The last time I'd ever studied music was in the 6th grade and by far Anna is the best music instructor I've ever had.
· Violin · In home I've played violin before, and I've practiced singing all of my life, so I am familiar with music theory. I decided to try the violin again after not practicing since my childhood. I have to say, Anna has helped me so much in this regard. Her teaching style is welcoming and encouraging, and she has already got me playing more enthusiastically. I now want to learn more fun songs after working out the mechanics. Thanks Anna!
· Viola · In studio Mrs. Anna is so nice and patient. The viola is my first instrument and she makes it understandable and fun. I couldn't have found a better teacher.
· Violin · In studio She's a really good teacher! Her teaching style is good. Recommend!