- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Professional, active musician will share the joy of playing music with the students. You can count on having fun, effective lessons, and real results fast!
I was born in Cracow, Poland. From an early age I had a deep interest in all types of music. I was encouraged by my parents and quickly developed a talent. I began my musical education at the age of seven studying piano. I studied at The Frederic Chopin Academy of music in Warsaw, Poland and then at the Chicago College of Performing Arts at Roosevelt University where I received a Bachelor of Music Degree in French Horn performance. Later I received a Master of Music in French Horn Performance and post Master Certificate, both from the DePaul University. I am an active freelancing musician in the Chicago area. (Chamber Opera of Chicago, Northbrook Symphony Orchestra, Oak Park and River forest Orchestra, Skokie Symphony, Lira Ensemble, Highland Park).
I have been teaching piano, music theory and French horn in the Chicago area for five years. I enjoy working with both children and adults.
To broaden my knowledge about teaching I completed courses: Studio Teaching as a Career, Teaching Excellence, and Brass concepts at DePaul University.
*** Lesson Details ***
Students will learn to play piano or horn in a pleasant atmosphere. Additionally they will learn elements of music theory so they can quickly start to play on their own. This will broaden their understanding of music and they will be able play pieces they like. I have method books and studies for any level of playing, but students are welcome to bring their own. I think anyone can learn to play and I can help to achieve this dream. I recommend the book by Daniel Coyle: The Talent Code. Greatness Isn't Born. It's Grown. Here's How.
*** Studio Equipment ***
DePaul University - regular pianos available rooms reserved
At Home Studio- Casio keyboard in living room, french horn,
seating for parents.
In case of horn students they would have to have their own mouthpiece and later on their own instrument. I have breathing equipment to help with playing as well.
*** Travel Equipment ***
My method of transportation would be CTA and walking :)
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in fun and effective teaching. I teach piano, french horn, music theory, ear training. Music is fun and this is how I teach.
Golden Key is the world's largest collegiate honor society. Membership into the Society is by invitation only and applies to the top 15% of college and university sophomores, juniors and seniors, as well as top-performing graduate students in all fields of study, based solely on their academic achievements. As an international honor society with more than 400 chapters at colleges and universities around the world, Golden Key is committed to a high standard of scholastic achievement, and an ethos of integrity, innovation, respect, collaboration and diversity
Since 1970, The International Horn Society (IHS) has been an organization of people from around the world drawn together with a mutual interest in the horn. We are dedicated to the performance, teaching, composition, research, preservation, and promotion of the horn as a musical instrument.
· French Horn · Online
· French Horn · Online I loved Ms. Anna's enthusiasm and constructive criticism. I have been playing horn for 7 years, and this was my first lesson. I have a ways to go, but I loved how she was willing to help me and give me tips in ways that you wouldn't get in your typical band class. I am definitely looking forward to our lessons!! 10/10 recommend for anyone looking for lessons, whether it is your first or your 100th
· French Horn · Online Anna is a great teacher. We started off with 10 lessons to give our 11 year old son a head start as he was keen to switch from Trombone to French Horn. With Anna's help, he made it! French Horn is a difficult instrument to play compared to other brass woodwind instruments, and finding Anna to help our son has been really beneficial. We highly recommend Anna and we will be signing up for more lessons. In addition, to those who are considering Online lessons, they have been great. We have been using a good webcam (Logitech from Amazon) together with Skype and it has worked out. Thank you!
· French Horn · Online Ania is the best, and I'm so pleased with how the online lessons were handled. She definitely knows what she's doing, and has the patience and kindness to help students of all ages. We look forward to setting up more lessons after the new year. Thank you so much, Ania!
· French Horn · Online Ania is an amazing teacher. My son was regretting the decision to play the horn after being on trumpet for a year and a half, but after only 2 lessons with Ania, his confidence has increased dramatically, and he actually enjoys practicing. She's patient, kind and attentive. We're so glad to have found her!
· French Horn · Online Anna is very patient and is quick to praise accomplishments. I would definitely recommend her to all aspiring French Horn students.
· Piano · In studio Anna was a wonderful teacher. She was patient and took on the challenge of teaching a 2 year old. She used innovative methods to engage my daughter and at the end of 8 months my daughter could recognize notes, play a few tunes. We will miss her as we move.
· Piano · In home Anna has helped me more confident in piano playing. She has helped me learn the notes better than my former piano teacher.
· Piano · In studio Anna has been my teacher for close to a year now. I have played piano on and off for close to twenty years. She has a great depth of knowledge and can teach all levels of skill. She has definitely helped me in areas of difficulty, IE theory, rhythm, etc. I would recommend her to anyone.
· Piano · In home Ania was just great! She arrived on-time and was very patient with my precocious daughter.