Do you need the magic pill that will help you speak the language? The recipe is here. If you do the assignments I give you (no need to search for any extra materials), I can assure you that soon you will be able to speak and understand.
I am a highly qualified NYC-based Russian and English language teacher with a degree in linguistics/teaching and more than five years of experience. During the years of my teaching practice, I have developed several teaching methods, which I use in my classes. Together we will establish clear objectives for our lessons and will work on your grammar proficiency, listening and speaking skills, and accent neutrality.
I am a strict teacher :) Seriously. You have a goal and I am here to help you get there, whether it is to be able to negotiate with your business partners, speak to your family members or read "War and Peace" in original. I will work hard to help you reach it, but I expect you to fulfill your part of a deal.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here using the "Ask a question" button. If you have already decided that you need to speak Russian or English, do not postpone it for another day, month or year. Click the green button and let's do it.
I am looking forward to starting our language journey!
Some technical aspects:
- All materials are provided and included into the price of a lesson
- Recommended frequency of lessons: minimum of 2 times per week (duration of each lesson – 1-1.5h). Learning a language is like going to the gym: to get the muscles, you have to practice regularly.
- If you would like to have a class at a specific time and it is not available in my calendar, please send me a message. I may be able to change some things around and accommodate your request.
- I try to be flexible and modify my schedule based on your needs. But please be considerate and let me know 24 hours in advance if you need to reschedule or cancel a class.
· Russian · Online All good !
Looking forward to the next lesson
· Russian · In home Spoke more Russian during our first lesson than I have in a conversation! Anna is professional and dedicated. Looking forward to the rest of our lessons.
· Russian · In studio I have been taking private lessons with Anna weekly for one year. She has taught me Russian from a complete beginner level. I've taken a number of language classes in the past (for other languages) and it's clear that Anna is an outstanding teacher. She is clear and gives excellent explanations, and is well-prepared for each class. She's also able to give requested ad-hoc lessons whenever I have specific questions, even without preparation. I would highly recommend Anna as a Russian teacher, whether you're in-person or online. I do both types of lessons with her and she is highly effective through both mediums. Last but not least, she's a great pleasure to be around, as a person!
· Russian · In home Lessons with Anna were excellent. She has the ability to bridge the language gap AND the cultural gap rendering her lessons relevant and invaluable. Anna is a complete joy to work with and I look forward to continuing my lessons with her at some point in the future.
· Russian · In home I have had the joy of learning Russian with Anna for more than three years. Through Anna's highly skilled teaching methods, motivation, and inspiration, I have moved from a complete beginner level to a level of advanced proficiency.
In addition to being exceptionally knowledgeable in the field of foreign languages and language teaching, Anna is extremely professional, compassionate, and patient. She is a teacher who sincerely cares about her students, and is determined to ensure their understanding of all material she introduces, including complex aspects of grammar and language usage. It is clear to see that she prepares every lesson with consideration and purpose, and dedicates a tremendous effort to making lessons interesting and fun.
In our lessons, Anna strongly emphasizes conversation and listening comprehension, as well as the thorough reading and analysis of demanding literary and scientific texts. She strives to create a familiarity with the Russian language which plays a fundamental role in achieving fluency. Anna's outstanding teaching methods and remarkable perseverance make seemingly impossible to understand grammar rules, as well as the structure and nuances of Russian easy to grasp and to apply to speech and writing.
It is a gift to be able to have a teacher like Anna. She is without question one of the most talented teachers I have ever met, and she has my highest recommendation to prospective students of Russian.
· Russian · In home Anna is very nice, and professional. She knows what she's doing and explains everything very well so you understand. Her confidence as a teacher is reassuring and makes you confident as well.
· English · In home everything was great...I recommend)
· English · In home That's the best decision I took yesterday, to signup for Russian lessons from Anna.
· Russian · In home Excellent. Courteous. Professional. I was and am well-pleased with Anna and her instruction. Highest recommendation following lesson #1.
· Russian · In studio Anna and I worked together for several years as I studied Russian. Her lessons are always clear, interactive, fun and helpful. She incorporates classic literature, films, music and pop culture into her lessons so the students are learning not just language, but also culture and history. Every lesson with Anna opened my eyes to something new. Many teachers only teach grammar, but Anna takes a holistic approach and helps students with pronunciation, high-frequency phrases, colloquial language, listening practice, and much more. I highly recommend her. Russian is a difficult language and Anna is the ideal teacher to help you tackle it!