- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Ania is a composer, performer and music educator currently based in San Diego. Ania has been teaching private lessons in piano performance, ear training, music theory and composition since 2008. She has helped students accomplish their musical goals including succeeding in The Royal Conservatory and Trinity College in London exams, and successfully passing entrance exams to renowned music colleges in Europe and USA, as well as succeeding in their academic pursuits.
Ania received her Doctorate in Music Composition in June 2016 from the University of Washington in Seattle. During her academic education she received training in conducting, music theory and piano performance. Between 2011 and 2016, Ania taught ear training, music theory and music appreciation at the University of Washington, and also served as a piano accompanist for both undergraduate and graduate classical and jazz voice performance classes. As a pianist and composer, she has worked with the UW Modern Ensemble, Inverted Space and the Seattle Modern Orchestra.
Between 2014 and 2016, Ania taught piano, music theory and voice at private schools of music in Seattle and Bellevue, both in Washington. Since August 2016, Ania has served as the Music Director at Santee UMC, leading a choir and small voice ensembles while continuing to teach private voice, piano, and music classes in the San Diego area. As an expert in her field, Ania looks forward to help new students achieve their musical goals.
The International Alliance for Women in Music builds awareness of women’s contributions to musical life through its publications, website, international competitions, conferences, concert promotion, and presentation, and through its support of entrepreneurial and publishing activities, scholarly research and publications, broadcasts, educational initiatives, and advocacy work.
· Music Theory · In studio Ania is a dedicated teacher, who is very invested in the growth & development of her students. Her mastery of music theory is exceptional and she is highly skilled at distilling and explaining important concepts. I highly recommend her!
· Classical Piano · In studio I worked with Ania when she was a teaching assistant at the University of Washington. She always approached her students with great patience and cared about their progress. With her diverse background in piano performance, music theory, and composition, she always managed to keep her students engaged and encouraged them to try new things.
· Music Theory · In studio Ania is a great teacher. Ever since I started learning music theory from her I could see an incredible increase in growth on my knowledge. It was great having her as a teacher!
· Piano · In studio Ania is a great teacher who pays attention to details and take lot of efforts to make proper different arrangements according to my kid’s progress. As my son mentioned, Ania made piano lesson lots of fun!
· Singing · In studio Anita is an amazing piano player and teacher. Had a wonderful time working with her!
· Singing · In studio I began working with Ania Stachurska in August of 2016, when she was hired on as my Choral Director and Voice Coach. I've spent nearly 30 years working with some of the top directors and instructors in the country, and I consider Ania to be one of them. She has an impeccable ear and directs/teaches with a grace and confidence that is unparalleled.
Ania has also spent countless hours teaching my two teenage sons music theory, how to run/operate music equipment and sound boards, and has helped them to fine tune their ears. Under her tutelage, they have experienced exponential growth.
Whether you're a novice or an expert musician, I highly recommend Ania Stachurska.
· Music Theory · In studio Ania and I both attended the University of Washington together and I saw her music theory teaching firsthand. She is a very thorough instructor, making sure to explain each idea and concept thoroughly to ensure her student's understanding. The examples she uses are relevant and are backed up with works in the cannon and ear training. She is well-versed in theory from Renaissance harmony to 20th century spectralism and beyond.
At the same time, she knows just how much to push her students. She encourages them to experiment, try different things, and to challenge themselves musically. I am in high regard for her as an instructor and would recommend her to anyone seeking to begin their music theory journey to those looking to brush up their chops for an AP exam or editing and feedback for university level theory.