- Levels Taught:
I also know how difficult it can be learning a new language. I am very patient and able to break things down.
- Teaches students:
- Females 5+ and males 5 to 33
- Teaching since:
My name is Angely, I am a Fashion Designer & Dancer. I was born in Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is a Spanish-speaking caribbean island. My family and I moved to New York when I was 5 years old.
In New York I studied Fashion Design (11+yrs) , Dance (7+ yrs) , Spanish, Japanese and French. My current Hobbies are Dance, Capoeira, Designing my own apparel, Yoga, Taking care of my plants and Travel.
I love to travel. I've been to Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Canada and of course Dominican Republic.
-Design Hosiery/Legwear Collection for brands such as Nine West, Lucky Brand, Nautica, Ellen Tracy, G.H. Bass , Walmart +
-Design collections with brand's trends and targeting customers
-Work closely with production
• Hold direct responsibilities of managing entire daily production at Amy Matto, a womenswear contemporary brand.
• Excel; creating sales sheets, fabric consumption sheets, garment costing, production budgets, cut tickets etc.
• Trim Sourcing, Fabric Sourcing , Factory Sourcing
• Maintaining a good relationship between local factories, pattern makers, cutters, marker graders etc.
• Ensure quality control standards in production areas
• Developed and Implemented a T&A calendar which provided a time and cost effective production schedule eliminating overages and improved ordering procedures.
• Communicating with Fabric agents, ordering bulk fabrics from local fabric providers and overseas mills including digitally printing.
• Assisting in fittings and communicating fit changes to patternmaker and sample sewers.
• Managing company’s website; creating slides with website coding, editing and adding new product images for the website, creating coupon codes and maintaining website inventory up to date.
• Filming Photoshoots and editing promo videos for the company’s upcoming collection.
• Editing product images on photoshop and creating a cohesive line sheet for each collection