- Teaches students:
- Ages 8+
- Teaching since:
- June 2005
Hi there! My name is Angela and I've been running my own theatre acting programs and classes for over a decade.
I am currently the Acting Instructor and Musical for Performing Arts Workshops at their West LA Location and a Stage Manager for 24th ST Children's Theatre Company and UCLA for their production of Medea. Coming up I am excited to be directing for Biola University in Spring 2019.
Whether you're looking for basic skill and methods or looking to prepare for more advanced works my teaching style is fun and focused. I look forward to working with you!
"As It Is In Heaven" opening March 2019
Managing and instructing up to 60 children per session. We put on fully staged musicals with the kids every two weeks and I look forward to this amazing experience every summer. I've worked with hundreds upon hundreds of students building confidence and stage presence for ages 5-15. We currently have the highest retention of all locations in Los Angeles.+ Read More
Responsible for supporting the director, actors, designers, stage crew and technicians throughout the entire production process. Creates daily call sheets and rehearsal reports. Tracks all production deadlines and deliverables. Communicates the director’s wishes to entire production team. Responsible for executing all live performances. Past Productions Include...
- “Evangeline, The Queen of Make-Believe” - About...Productions, Plaza de la Raza - Spring Season 2018
- “Elders Showcase; Playwriting Workshop” - About...Productions, Marshall High School - Fall Season 2017
- “They Shoot Mexicans, Don’t They” - About...Productions, San Gabriel Mission Playhouse - Spring Season 2017
- ”INK Fest; Women’s Playwriting Festival” - 2 Cents Theatre Co., The Hudson Theatre - Spring Season 2016
- “The Dodgers” - AKA Productions & Jim Kierstead, The Hudson Theatre - Winter Season 2016
- “We Are The Tigers” - Heart & Flame Productions, The Hudson Theatre - Fall Season 2015 - *Ovation Winner
- “The Great Food Detective” - Kaiser Permanente Educational Theatre, LAUSD Tour Show - Summer Season 2012
- “The Story of Carlos Bulosan” - East West Players Educational Theatre, LAUSD Tour Show - Spring Season 2012
- “Cat’s Cradle” - Sierra Madre Playhouse, Main Stage Production - Winter Season 2011
- “Sylvia” - Sierra Madre Playhouse, Main Stage Production - Fall Season 2011
Working in the schools has always been important to me. STAR gave me the opportunity to get to know the children of Los Angeles who otherwise would maybe not be exposed to the arts. Leading weekly classes at schools all over Los Angeles I was able to really see the impact the arts can have on children.+ Read More
I had a the pleasure of working with top children's casting directors in the industry and help countless children build strong on camera technique. My classroom management skills led me to be one of their most valued teachers taking on the larger groups and executing their curriculum with precision and focus.+ Read More
Responsible for running 12, weekly performing arts camp sessions culminating in a fully stage musical on the final day of each session. Created arts education curriculum while leading workshops in Voice, Dance, and Acting. Managed a performing arts team (3-5 staff) and oversaw daily responsibilities for all camp staff (20-25 staff). Led all special events and activities for the entirety of camp (Over 300 campers).+ Read More
Alpha Psi Omega National Theatre Honor Society (ΑΨΩ) is an American recognition honor society for participants in collegiate theatre. The Alpha Cast was founded at Fairmont State College (now Fairmont State University) by Prof. Paul F. Opp
HIghly recommend! She worked with my kids and they learned alot!
Miss Angela is a wonderful, resourceful, fun, energetic, experienced, knowledgeable and likable acting teacher.
My two daughters have attended the past 4 years at PAW camp at West LA location where Miss Angela is the Camp Director.
We have recommended the camp to many local friends and families and they too attended and agreed.
Recently my daughters took after school child acting classes and again we are very happy.
I would highly consider and recommend Miss Angela as a acting mentor and positive role model for your children.