- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Angela has been teaching voice and piano lessons to students of all ages and skill levels for over 4 years. Her teaching approach is thorough and creative and focuses on healthy technique and musical freedom. Angela believes in creating a fun and comfortable learning environment to explore each student's musical interests. While she is trained primarily in classical voice, Angela enjoys and is well-versed in all vocal and piano styles.
Angela recently received her Master's Degree in Voice and Opera from McGill University in 2016. She has extensive knowledge of opera and song repertoire, as well as musical theatre, jazz, pop, and folk. In addition, she has 11 years of piano training. She is an enthusiastic and flexible teacher, who strives to adapt her lessons to each student.
Angela taught with the Montreal Academy of Music for 3 years, teaching students of all ages and skill levels. She taught out of her home and traveled to other locations. She received positive reviews throughout her time with the Academy, winning an award for "Outstanding Work" in 2015.
· Piano · In studio 👍🏻
· Piano · In home Our first lesson with Angela was a pleasure. My daughter was engaged and is excited to come back and continue learning.
· Singing · In studio Very comfortable singing environment which made it easier to relax and learn. Angela is very pleasant and has great enthusiasm, also very encouraging and informative. She drew great word pictures that helped me visualize technique and tried a wide variety of strategies, while not letting any bad habits slide. I got further in one lesson than any vocal lessons I've had before.
· Piano · In home Dariana really enjoyed her first lesson, and is very excited about going back. Thanks Angela.
· Singing · In studio Always helpful and fun. The atmosphere is always great. I feel better with each lesson!
· Singing · In studio Angela really helped me gain confidence in my singing and performing. What a great teacher!
· Piano · In home Angela taught both my daughter (14) and son (11) for two years, She has an excellent way of relating to them, each with very different personalities. My daughter was extremely focused and wanted to improve, while my son liked to learn but didn't have the same discipline, Angela had a way of making the lessons fun and still inspiring them to play. Both kids really looked forward to their lessons and would always want to practice during the week for the next lesson to show Angela what they had learned. We will miss her greatly.
· Piano · In studio Angela has been teaching my son piano for 2 years now, since he was 4. She has proven herself to be a great teacher - and also a friend - to my little boy. She knows how to keep things fun while teaching him the fundamentals of music. He looks forward to every lesson, laughs a lot each time, and comes out with a smile and a visible feeling of accomplishment. I definitely recommend Angela as a music teacher for young children.