Brooklyn guitarist/composer/producer Andy Bianco graduated from the Berklee College of Music with a degree in Performance. He has studied privately and/or in group settings with Joe Lovano, Wayne Krantz, Hal Crook, Tiger Okoshi, Rick Peckham, Nathan Davis, Joe Negri, Jimmy Ponder, Dave Fiuczynski, Mick Goodrick and Bruce Bartlett. He has performed and/or recorded with Bob Moses, Mauro Pagani, Roger Humphries, Dwayne Dolphin, Benito Gonzalez, Freddie Hendrix, Kandace Springs, Elle Varner, Carolyn Leonhart, Maureen Budway and many others. He recently completed a 6 month tour of Japan & New Zealand with the critically acclaimed stage production entitled "Empire" and has released 2 critically acclaimed jazz albums of his own music as a leader. Andy has performed at such renowned venues/festivals as The 2014 BET Awards in Los Angeles, The 2014 Essence Festival in New Orleans, The 2013 Long Beach Jazz Festival in CA, The Blue Note, Cafe Wha?, The Zinc Bar, The Bitter End, Smoke Jazz Club and The Howard Theater among many others, and was also a finalist in the 2012 USA Songwriting Awards. He also teaches privately and has been a faculty member at the Berklee College of Music Summer Guitar Sessions.
Andy teaches people of all ages & from all walks of life. He has a uniquely widespread body of knowledge as he has studied from some of the finest guitar/music instructor's in the world while he was enrolled at The Berklee College of Music, and he spreads this wisdom and insight to all his pupils. Andy's students have gone on to perform successful recitals, professional gigs & artist showcases, as well as to pursue their dreams at music colleges & other institutions of higher education around the world.
With his comprehensive real world & academic training (with a degree from the world renowned Berklee College of Music), Andy tailors each lesson to the unique goals of the individual student, ensuring that no time is wasted and the student has the best shot to reach his/her full potential. At the start of each lesson, a detailed curriculum plan will be designed that will target the needs and objectives of each unique student to ensure the quickest path to success.
*** Lesson Details ***
The lesson plan is tailored to the unique needs and objectives of each student.
*** Studio Equipment ***
An acoustic guitar will be provided if the student does not/cannot bring their own instrument, but it is highly recommended that they do.
*** Travel Equipment ***
They must provide an instrument.
*** Specialties ***
jazz/rock/R & B/heavy metal/folk/classical/pop
Taught privately at Musician's General Store in Brooklyn for over 2 years, working with students of all ages, focusing on guitar and beginner piano. Left to go on tour as the guitarist for a critically acclaimed stage production.
Taught several piano classes per day to young children. Successfully presented recitals featuring the student pianists who also
earned certificates of achievement.
· · Andy is good teacher and he is good want he does. Anyone be lucky to have him as teacher.
· Guitar · In studio I had a great time learning from Andy. He really knows his stuff and was very inspiring to learn from. Very knowledgeable about music from all angles.
Would highly recommend him for lessons both for guitar and ear training.
· Guitar · In home A fantastic teacher and a great musician, Andy teaches at your own pace and never shows any hint of impatience. He makes learning to play simple, as well as enjoyable. I would definitely recommend taking lessons from Andy if you are looking to improve your musical skills and knowledge the right way.
· Guitar · In studio What you get when you study guitar with Andy: Kind, patient, expert instruction, a safe place to explore whatever kind of music you’re into, the benefit of his wealth of knowledge and artistry, techniques to help you grow exponentially as a musician and as a human! I’d say that’s money well spent. In the name of serious fun, Andy ROCKS. I cannot recommend him highly enough!
· Guitar · In home Andy is a wonderful guitar teacher who explains concepts clearly and in great detail. He has helped me gain confidence about playing and approaches his students in a way that makes them feel comfortable about their abilities. He is very passionate about the subject matter and it has reflected in the depth my understanding of the guitar. I would recommend him to anyone looking to be productive while enjoying their music studies.
· Guitar · In home Andy is a true professional! His skill and knowledge of the guitar are unparalleled. He puts a great deal of thought and time into his craft. His patience as an instructor and musician are impressive as is his empathy and acceptance of all skill levels. I highly recommend him as an instructor!
· Guitar · Exceptional teacher and musician
My son has been studying acoustic and electric guitar with Andy Bianco for two years. His technique has greatly improved, but even more importantly, he enjoys and looks forward to his weekly lessons with Andy, a teacher he has always felt comfortable with and describes as friendly, helpful, caring and easy to speak with.
In addition, Mr. Bianco helped my son prepare for two very important music auditions last year, and went above and beyond his responsibilities as a teacher. The extra support he gave my son was invaluable and deeply appreciated during this very stressful time...my son was well-prepared and confident on audition day, and I will always be grateful.
Andy Bianco is an exceptional teacher, performer, artist...my son is very fortunate to have him as a music instructor, and I wholeheartedly recommend him as a music teacher!!
· Guitar · Knowledgeable, skilled, enthusiastic
Part of why I find Andy to be a great teacher is his passion for his craft. His talent as a musician is apparent instantly. Also, while sometimes the best musicians do not necessarily make the best teachers of music, this is not the case with Andy. He was always extremely generous and excited about sharing his expertise. And he conveyed the material in a well organized and easily understandable way. We worked very preliminarily on some music theory, which was something I had always wished my childhood music lessons had taught. Plus he was really able to deconstruct the details & complexities of theory in a way that was easy to learn, so that I could better understand the chords I was playing. He was also really open to letting me to choose the path I wanted my lessons to take. I really wanted to work on songs that involved some finger-picking, and he chose several blues tunes that were interesting & fun to play. Every lesson, he always came prepared with a loosely regimented agenda, with customized learning material, showing he had definitely put some thought into our lesson prior to it. Every time we met, I always walked away feeling like I learned a ton. I think that's what was also great - it felt like he really cared about his student's learning process & success.
Would definitely recommend Andy as a guitar teacher.
· Piano · Andy is a great piano teacher.
My daughter took group piano lessons with Andy at her after school program last year. There were approximately 5 children in the group. She was in kindergarten at the time. I was very pleased with Andy's approach. He didn't rush her through the lessons; he made sure she was comfortable with each piece of music before moving on to the next. She enjoyed the class, really liked him, and gained a strong beginner foundation in piano. Overall it was a very positive experience!