- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Andrew is a multi-instrumentalist (guitar, banjo, mandolin, ukulele, backing vocals) who settled in Las Vegas in 2013. After graduating with honors from Musicians Institute in 2008, he wrote a collection of acoustic guitar pieces licensed to The Weather Channel, then spent 5 years working as a show musician and top-40 musician for 3 cruise lines.
Upon arrival in Sin City, Andrew co-founded the local band “Tin Toy Cars” which consists of various Cirque du Soleil musicians from 2 shows. Their debut album entitled "Falling, Rust and Bones" is currently on hundreds of radio stations nationwide and has broken the all-time record for highest new artist debut on the A.M.A. Charts. Look for the album on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, and CD Baby. In January 2016 the band had feature articles in dozens of newspapers and magazines in Las Vegas, New York, and Los Angeles, and had many radio interviews scheduled to start the year. Their debut music video was premiered by The Huffington Post in March 2016 along with a feature interview.
Andrew also played the guitar/ukulele/mandolin chair in the pit orchestra for the show "Bright Side" which began in May 2016 and was showcased to pitch to Broadway. It's a musical written by Martin Kaye of "Million Dollar Quartet" (Harrahs Casino) and features a cast made up of performers from "Rock of Ages," "Blue Man Group," "Million Dollar Quartet," and others. The orchestra featured members of "Mystere," "Zarkana," "Vegas The Show," "Ka," and a former musical director for vocalist Andy WIlliams. He closed out 2016 performing in the musicals "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" and "American Idiot" alongside actors and musicians from "Ka," "The Beatles Love," "Million Dollar Quartet," "Blue Man Group," and "Rock of Ages."
Andrew's first 2 years in Las Vegas were also filled with many diverse performing situations up and down The Strip. These included a well-known top 40 and oldies band, a Mo-town tribute show, a country band that headlined the 2015 National Finals Rodeo, and a few others.
Andrew also owns an arranging and publishing company, HLC Publishing, which produces arrangements and sheet music for various Las Vegas performers, and a few cruise ship entertainers. Currently he is creating the guitar book for a new Rod Stewart and Tina Turner co-tribute act that will debut in February 2017, and he will also play guitar and mandolin in the show.
Andrew also teaches weekly lessons and plays Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings at Family Worship Christian Church. During the lessons, Andrew uses the same software as his professionally arranged sheet music, to keep a journal for each student as they learn, and the journal is regularly emailed to the student as a PDF file.
*** Lesson Details ***
Music Theory (Building Scales, Harmonizing Scales into Chords)
Single String Concepts (Scales, Arpeggios, Intervals)
Rhythm Concepts (Chords, Blending with a Band)
Writing Licks, Lines, Chord Progressions, Charts, and Songs
Techniques (Pick vs. Fingers vs. Hybrid Picking)
Acoustic vs. Electric vs. Nylon String
Slide and Steel Guitar
Mandolin, Banjo, Ukulele, and Other Doubling Instruments
Playing in a Stylistically Appropriate Manner
Choosing the Right Equipment for the Gig or Project
How to Practice
How to Market Yourself to Acquire Work
*** Studio Equipment ***
various electric and acoustic guitars, mandolin, ukulele, banjo. A few different amplifiers, and many different pieces of effect and accessory equipment.
*** Travel Equipment ***
various electric and acoustic guitars, mandolin, ukulele, banjo.
*** Specialties ***
All Contemporary Styles (Rock, Blues, Country and Country Rock, Mo-Town, Jazz, Latin, Latin Jazz, Fusion, Metal and Tapping Style, Theater)
Nashville Recording Artist, album available on iTunes
Medium-sized christian church in Las Vegas area.
Music production and arrangement for various cruise ship guest entertainers and for some of Las Vegas's entertainers, known the world over
Online collection of musical resources
Indie Americana band made up of musicians from two different Cirque du Soleil productions (Zarkana and Mystere). Debut album "Falling, Rust, and Bones" released January 2016 - set all-time record for highest new artist debut on national A.M.A. Charts. Feature article in Huffington Post March 2016. Currently in rotation at hundreds of radio stations throughout North America and Europe. Album released on New Relic Records. Endorsed by Weber Instruments.
Lessons for students ranging from age 6 to 70, at all skill levels.
Local oldies and top 40 band - 3-time winner of LVRJ Best Band.
Reason for Leaving - 5 of 7 band members either retired or approaching retirement, and the band was only booked 2-3 times per month at venues very far from The Las Vegas Strip.
House band for various guest entertainers. Entertainers would arrive at various times during the cruise, meet the band on the day of their show, usually in the early afternoon, give their charts to the band for a 60-90 minute rehearsal, then perform the show on the same night at 8:00 pm and 10:00 pm. Entertainers ranged from all types of musicians including vocalists, to magicians, comedians, and jugglers. Work also involved playing jazz in lounges and at small private parties, and playing theater-type productions with house performers. In addition, at Holland America, work also included the house band performing top-40 style music at various special events, similar to entertainment at a corporate event or wedding reception.
Reason for leaving: to pursue land-based career opportunities.
Member of Las Vegas Musicians Union
We are an organization dedicated to the interests of guitarists and those who enjoy guitar music. Since 1923 the Society has presented monthly programs, featuring solo and ensemble performances of music from the Renaissance to the present.
NAMM is the not-for-profit association that promotes the pleasures and benefits of making music and strengthens the $17 billion global music products industry. NAMM's activities and programs are designed to promote music making to people of all ages.
· Banjo · In studio Very informational instructor!!
· Banjo · In studio It was a great first lesson. Andrew is quite knowledgeable on banjo, and I feel it was a positive first step on the journey ahead.
· Banjo · In studio Andrew is able to understand my limits and explain clearly what he is trying to get across. I left my first lesson with an eagerness to put into practice what he taught. Can't wait till the next lesson.
· Songwriting · Online After my first lesson, I feel that if anyone can teach me guitar, it's Andrew. He's great at explaining things and is very encouraging, and he focused specifically on what it is I want to know. He laid out the basics for me in a very simple, direct way, and my "homework" from just this lesson will take me MUCH farther than I've ever gotten on my own. He's a great instructor.
· Guitar · In home Andrew is an excellent teacher. Formally trained and professionally polished he has no trouble adjusting his lessons to accommodate my eclectic needs. A really good guy, generous with his tIme and talents I'd recommend him to you.
Studying flamenco and blues.
· Guitar · In home Andrew is incredible. He is a master motivator, extremely skilled at playing and instructing, and absolutely wonderful to be around. Andrew is great at meeting me where I am - he teaches me important music theory and fundamentals about the instrument, but he does it while helping me learn to play music that I love. Andrew is very creative - if I am in a rut, he finds new angles to try and he is always really encouraging. I've come to regard my lessons with Andrew as a highlight of my week. I'd never want another instructor!
· Ukulele · In studio Great teacher, very knowledgable. Gets you playing right away. Integrates music theory while playing to give you a stronger understanding.
· Banjo · Online really fun light lessons gives you just enough to work on till the next lesson
· Guitar · In studio Very nice, great teacher
· Guitar · In studio I had a great time with Andrew, can't wait until my next set of 3 lessons!