I am an extremely experienced Cellist and Guitarist with nearly ten years of performing and teaching experience. I have been playing guitar since the age of five and cello since the age of eight, and have performed all over New York, Ohio, and North Carolina, as well as Italy. I have a B.A. in Cello Performance from the University at Buffalo, and an M.A. in Music Performance from the Copland School of Music at Queens College.
I have appeared with classical orchestras and chamber groups all over the Buffalo, Western New York, and NYC area, as well performed with rock, blues, folk, and alternative groups playing both guitar and cello. I have recorded numerous albums and toured with various rock groups.
I have performed in the Dolomite Mountains of the Italian Alps as part of the Schlern International Music Festival, and taken part in an intensive orchestral training program at the Brevard Music Center in Brevard, North Carolina. I have performed in masterclasses for such world renowned artists as The Tokyo String Quartet, Eric Bartlett, and Chris Finckel, and have studied with such legendary performers as Jonathan Golove, Benjamin Karp, and Marcy Rosen.
I am a passionate performer and educator, with a strong desire to challenge, motivate, and inspire my fellow colleagues and students, and to also push myself to be the best musician I can be.
*** Lesson Details ***
My teaching is a comfortable and progressive learning experience, aimed at challenging and maximizing the potential of each and every one of my students in a style that is unique to the creative capabilities of each student. I am able to quickly and comfortably adapt to the learning style and pace of each student, while also consistently challenging him or her at a level that allows them to continue to improve.
My teaching encourages a strong technical and fundamental foundation, and addresses everything from practicing to performing, in a manner that is fun and comfortable for the student. I encourage all of my students to be as open and comfortable as possible, to allow for a relaxed and inspirational learning experience.
*** Studio Equipment ***
living room w/ 4 guitars w/ seating for parents
rehearsal studio with piano, mirror and seating for parents
*** Travel Equipment ***
I provide a music stand, metronome, tuner, stand light, and in some situations a bench or chair. I expect my student to provide the appropriate instrument and assigned method book(s).
*** Specialties ***
I have been playing guitar since the age of five, and have specialized in rock, metal, folk, and blues, performing in groups of each style for years at a time, as well as teaching various styles. I have been playing cello since the age of eight, and specialize in Classical solo, chamber music, and orchestral playing. I have coached chamber groups and taught all levels for nearly ten years.
· Cello · In studio My daughter took private lessons with Andrew for 3 years and he is absolutely fantastic! He is patient and really knows how to teach cello technique and musicality. He is brilliant and I highly recommend him. I am really sorry that he moved away to play with an orchestra in another state, but good for him. We miss him! He was awesome!
· Guitar · In home My son thinks that Andrew is an amazing instructor! Andrew is a terrific teacher and there is no one out there that can compare. Andrew is such a super, super teacher and I would highly recommend others for lessons with him.
· Guitar · Patient and Understanding
I'm always completely comfortable and feel relaxed with him teaching. He is always punctual and is good at reaching out if there are any problems with the scheduled lesson time. He is always patient and understanding when I make mistakes or don't understand what is explained. Also, he never gets frustrated with me when I don't do something suggested to me and is always calm. I have been getting lessons from him for over a year and I highly recommend him to others interested in guitar.
· · Relaxed and Patient
Andrew is a fantastic teacher! He is patient, and really takes the time to help you understand. He also has lots of little tips to help you remember things.
· · Best Music Teacher Ever!
Thanks so much for being so patient and being open to my suggestions about what I want to do. Also, I'm so grateful for the fact that you we're even great when I have a hard time with things. Thanks,Holly
· · Andrew is a great teacher whose patience will overcome most problems he is consistent in giving new ideas and ways to correct my lack of chord progression i totally reccomend Andrew.
· · My daughter has been enjoying her lessons with Andrew. He is pleasant and patient and she already sees progress from week to week