- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I graduated from Berklee College of Music in 2002 with a Bachelor's of Music Degree (Majors: Guitar Performance, Contemporary Writing & Production).
I always create a personalized lesson plan for each individual student based on musical background, current abilities on the instrument, musical preferences (styles, bands, artists, songs) and student goals. For students with no prior musical training I prefer to go through a beginner's guitar method book along with my own materials to cover all the basics (parts of the guitar, tuning, reading standard music notation and tablature, rhythm, basic chords, etc.) If students are unsure about what songs they want to learn, I also have a huge collection of song transcriptions for different skill levels and in many different styles (Blues, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical). Even though I can teach all these styles to a certain degree, my specialization is in Rock and Blues. At Berklee I have studied with a lot of great guitar teachers. Among them Jon Finn and Joe Stump. I have studied extensively with Joe Stump in private lessons for 6 semesters and incorporate a lot of the material I have learned there into my own lessons. At the intermediate to advanced level I cover all important solo guitar techniques (Alternate Picking, Legato, Sweeping, Hybrid Picking, Tapping).
If you are stuck or can't get through certain barriers, I may be able to show you techniques or new ways to break through these barriers. You can finally get the results you always wanted or achieve skill levels you never imagined were possible. It does not need to take 10 years to become proficient at an instrument. Big improvements can be experienced after just a few months with the right training.
And most importantly, I believe music should be fun. I always try to make the experience of learning the guitar as enjoyable as possible.
My lessons are all about fast results!
If you see fast results you will have more fun.
If you have more fun learning the guitar you will practice more.
If you practice more you will get better faster.
So, your goals are most important to me and help in designing your lesson plans. If you are unsure I can help in setting goals. To reach your goals it is sometimes necessary to fill in gaps that prevent you from getting there, such as an understanding of music theory concepts (scales, chords, arpeggios, etc.) and improving technical skills on the guitar (legato, alternate picking, sweeping, etc.).
I can teach almost any style of Music, but I am best in Blues and Rock Styles, especially Classic Rock from the 60's, 70's, 80's, Blues Guitar, Hard Rock and Modern Rock Guitar Styles.
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
· Guitar · In home No better guitar teacher than Andy Mueller. I began with him when I was 10, and was able to progressive extremely because of his knowledge and methods of teaching. I am now 21 living in Paris, playing gigs and still remember and have all those sheets of scales he gave me years ago!
Anyway, hope all is well. If I ever find myself back in Dallas I will make sure to give you a call.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home My daughter Jordan took lessons from Andy. He was great. She looked forward to the lessons and practiced between lessons. My wife and I highly recommend him to teach guitar to your child.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Andy taught both of my sons guitar from the time they were 10 and 13 until they both graduated from high school. He is an amazing teacher! Andy had both boys playing simple tunes from the very first lesson, which was so much more effective than teaching tedious scales and theory. They were hooked right from the beginning and continued to improve rapidly with Andy's method of teaching new material and styles, as well as reading music and advanced theory as their skills improved. Andy is very talented, patient, organized and creative in his ability to come up with new and interesting ways to learn. Both of my sons still play guitar. Andy has instilled in them a love of the instrument that will be with them for life. I give him 5 stars and recommend him highly! Melissa Auberty - Dallas, Texas
· Acoustic Guitar · In home My son, Eric, took lessons from Andy for a decade. Andy is a patient, skilled and creative teacher. He guided my son from amateur to near professional status. Under his guidance, Eric's passion for the guitar steadily grew. I also believe Andy's combination of discipline and attention to detail helped my son develop an extraordinary work ethic. Eric begins medical school next week and feels a genuine debt to the years he spent working with Andy. Bob Mong, Dallas, Tx.
· Guitar · In home Andy is a great teacher. He selects lessons that are fun to learn and practice. He's passionate about music and genuinely wants his students to progress.
· Guitar · In home Andy Mueller was teaching my son both acoustic and electric guitar for two almost years now and I couldn't wish better instructor. Very knowledgeable, proffecional, patient . I see a very big progress.
Best instructor, highly recommend.
· Guitar · Astute and Professional Guitarist
Andy is passionate about the guitar and music. He has the music credentials, talent, and patience that any future student will appreciate. He is astute in evaluating talent, listens intently and is suggestive on the best approach to further their desire to learn an art form. His personality traits are respectful, punctual and well meaning. I appreciated his ability to explain music theory when I studied under his guidance. I'd recommend his music services to anyone with a desire to play the guitar.
· Guitar · Great Teacher!
Andy is an amazing teacher and guitarist and has much experience in soloing, technique and basically anything you would want to learn.