I am an accomplished pianist and highly experienced piano teacher. I have over 30 years of successful teaching experience and over 40 years of performing experience in classical music. I received the highest honor award, "Certificate of Honor for Excellence in Teaching", from the Department of Education of Russia in recognition of dedication and hard work. In addition I collaborated with many other instrumentalists and singers throughout my many years of performing and teaching.
I received my Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Piano Performance, Collaborated Art, and Master of Art in piano pedagogy from Russia, and Armenia
My teaching practice is based on a synthesis of Russian and American methods of piano schools. I offer a coordinated approach to piano instruction for beginning and intermediate students, as well as systematic professional training for advanced students and adults. I am patient, confident and deeply committed to high standards of excellence and quality of musical education.
My primary goal of teaching is to recognize student’s individual potentials, to give them the skills to perform to the best of their ability, with knowledge, professionalism, confidence, and freedom.
I am on the Board of Directors for the MTAC, (Music Teachers’ Association of California), San Fernando Valley Branch and member of the MTNA and SYMF associations.
I provide access to scholarships and opportunities for annual performances in competitions and festivals. My students receive a comprehensive music education and participate in Certificate of Merit Program. They have also been selected to play at the annual MTAC convention and have been major prize winners in deferent competitions at the local, state, and national level.
I teach lessons in English, Russian, and Armenian.
• Teach piano and music theory: basic through advanced levels.
• Perform with various chamber orchestras in Boston and in Los Angeles
• Assist at various venues as a guest pianist
• Taught students classical piano
• Performed at concerts
• Worked as an instrumental accompanist
• Piano and theory instructor
• Worked as a substitute accompanist
• Piano instructor
• Performed at various concerts
• Worked as a vocal and instrumental accompanist
• Organized many concerts with faculty members and students
• Monitored piano rehearsals and concerts
• Developed youth programs and activities
• Served as an adjudicator for music competitions
• Taught classical music from beginning to advanced levels
• Served as co-director and instructor for music school
• Organized and directed recitals
• Planned curriculum for students at different stages of development
• Planned and coordinated music events.
• Worked as an instructor for music school
• Taught piano and music history
• Worked part time concurrently with Music School
MTAC aspires to be the recognized leader in (1) Student Programs, which make a positive impact in the quality of music education and in the lives of music students; (2) Member Programs, which inspire quality teaching, the pursuit of ongoing teacher education and member involvement with community outreach; (3) a thriving Foundation, which funds Student Programs and member needs through its investments, donations, and grants.
· Classical Piano · In studio