- Teaches students:
- and Ages 6 to 70
- Teaching since:
- September 1973
Anahit Sevoyan is accomplished pianist and highly experienced piano teacher. She has over 30 years of successful teaching experience with children and adults and over 40 years of performing experience in classical music. This includes numerous solo piano performances in Russia, Armenia, Poland and USA. She has also collaborated with many other instrumentalists and singers throughout her many years of performing and teaching. In addition, she assisted at various venues as a guest pianist.
Mrs. Sevoyan is trained in the classical Russian method. She studied with famous musicians and teachers in the former Soviet Union. She started her studies at Professional Music School at the age of seven. Mrs. Sevoyan graduated with honors and earned her Bachelor of Music degree in Piano Performance from State Music College, Russia, and her Master of Music Degrees in Piano Performance, Collaborated Art, and Master of Education in Piano Pedagogy from Yerevan State Conservatory. Upon graduation, she qualified as a soloist, concertmaster, and piano instructor.
She has served as a piano instructor, Chair of the piano department, Co-director at the music school, and Chief music specialist of the Department of Culture in Armenia. She taught piano at Yerevan State Conservatory, State Pedagogical Institute, State Music College and Academy of Music in Russia. She has also worked as a music assistant at Los Angeles Valley College and Moscow Music Center in California.
Mrs. Sevoyan has received wide recognition as a musician and teacher. As a teacher, Anahit Sevoyan is patient, creative, innovative and confident. She is deeply committed to a high standard and excellent quality of musical education. She received the highest honor award, "Certificate of Honor for Excellence in Teaching", from the Department of Education of Russia in recognition of her dedication and hard work. Her students have been major prize winners in deferent competitions at the local, state, and national level. They have also been selected to play at the annual MTAC Convention. She is on the Board of Directors for MTAC (Music Teachers Association of California), San Fernando East Valley Branch and active member or MTNA and SYMF associations.
• Teach piano and music theory: basic through advanced levels.
• Perform with various chamber orchestras in Boston and in Los Angeles
• Assist at various venues as a guest pianist
• Taught students classical piano
• Performed at concerts
• Worked as an instrumental accompanist
• Piano and theory instructor
• Worked as a substitute accompanist
• Piano instructor
• Performed at various concerts
• Worked as a vocal and instrumental accompanist
• Organized many concerts with faculty members and students
• Monitored piano rehearsals and concerts
• Developed youth programs and activities
• Served as an adjudicator for music competitions
• Taught classical music from beginning to advanced levels
• Served as co-director and instructor for music school
• Organized and directed recitals
• Planned curriculum for students at different stages of development
• Planned and coordinated music events.
• Worked as an instructor for music school
• Taught classical music from beginning to advanced levels.
• Worked as an accompanist.
• Taught piano and music history
• Worked part time concurrently with Music School
MTAC aspires to be the recognized leader in (1) Student Programs, which make a positive impact in the quality of music education and in the lives of music students; (2) Member Programs, which inspire quality teaching, the pursuit of ongoing teacher education and member involvement with community outreach; (3) a thriving Foundation, which funds Student Programs and member needs through its investments, donations, and grants.+ Read More
Anahit is an incredible piano teacher! She is highly qualified and her repertoire is seemingly endless. Given her vast understanding of a wide range of musical forms she is able to hone into exactly what the student is missing and explain how to achieve it. Her vast catalogue of repertoire allows Anahit to guide the student through a variety pieces which all build upon each other in a meaningful way. If you are looking for a classical piano education, I can't imagine a better teacher than Anahit.+ Read More