- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
**Private lessons and group classes offered online and in Denver, Colorado.**
Hola a todos! My name is Amie. I have BA degrees in Spanish and in International Studies from the University of Wyoming. I recently completed my MA in Latin American Studies with concentrations in Spanish Linguistics and Anthropology from the University of New Mexico. I have lived and traveled in various countries in Latin America including Mexico, Costa Rica, and Brazil. I studied for a year at La Universidad de las Américas: Puebla where I took coursework related to Mexican history, economics, and politics in Spanish. I taught elementary and intermediate Spanish for two years at the University of New Mexico while I completed my coursework for a master's degree in Latin American Studies. I have a student-centered approach and have many resources to help you with your language acquisition goals. I have also worked as a translator and an interpreter in addition to my work conducted in academia. I look forward to hearing from you!
I taught nine sections of Spanish 101, 102, and 202 to university students. I received the highest ratings possible on my student reports at the end of each semester. This experience demonstrates that I can prepare you successfully for a university language program.
· Spanish · In home Great tutor. Very knowledgeable and very personable.
· Spanish · In studio I am proud to say that I am very familiar with Amie's proficiency in Spanish in dual capacities. One as a former co-worker where she served as a bilingual interpreter and translator working with Hispanic immigrants and second, on an instructor level. Amie's ability to interpret complex legal documents at work was consistently met with praise and admiration by her clients and superiors.
I also had the pleasure of doing a beginner-intermediate class with Amie in a private setting with another student. I am in my early 30's and have been taking Spanish classes since 7th grade through college, however, being that I am a non-native speaker, I have not had anyone to practice with for years. Taking classes with Amie proved to be an excellent way to brush up on my intermediate knowledge of the romance language with an instructor who is fluent, patient, and kind. My Spanish comprehension is better than my ability to speak it as I am normally too shy to engage in conversation with others, but Amie provided such a comfortable and welcoming environment that I was able to converse with her openly for hours. Amie's knowledge and fluency in the language was very evident throughout our lesson. I left feeling more confident and equipped in my ability to speak Spanish. I would highly recommend Amie as a tutor or instructor and am positive that she will leave you wanting more.