Amelia graduated from Fordham University, Lincoln Center in New York City with a B.A. in Performance, and a Masters in Acting from the American Repertory Theatre at Harvard University.
She has worked on Broadway, Regional Theatre, and Film. Some rules include:
Puck in a Midsummer Night's Dream, Hero in Much Ado About Nothing and Little Red in Into the Woods, along with many others. She is also dancer and has worked professionally with the Nevada Festival Ballet. She has lived in New York, London and Moscow.
She has been teaching for twelve years. She has worked with many New York and LA actors and has developed many drama curriculums for the D.C. metro area and abroad.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Acting · In studio Amelia was great. She provided excellent instruction, adapted to my style of learning and gave me a targeted plan to help me improve my acting skills throughout the course of my lessons. As a beginner, I couldn't have asked for a better teacher for my introduction to the world of acting.
· Acting · In studio Very lovely person, great teacher, good start. Onward! See you in Hollywood! :)
· Acting · In studio Great, supportive teacher. The sessions are useful and motivating to become better in acting.
· Acting · In studio She's a wonderful teacher!
· Acting · In home Amelia is very dedicated to her students. In just a few lessons she was able to really make a difference.
· Acting · In studio Very happy with her preparation, clear knowledge of the industry, honest advise, and enthusiastic, positive approach to teaching. My 'tween' daughter was thrilled with her lesson and looking forward to more time with Amelia.
· Acting · In studio I have been taking one-on-one lessons with Amelia for a little over a year. Anyone looking for acting lessons with a personal touch would be lucky to have Amelia as their teacher. She is very attentive and personable, but isn't afraid to give you polite criticism where she feels you can improve. She's open and honest and always looking to help her students do their best. Highly recommended!
· Voice Acting · In home Amelia is terrific, easy to work with, patient and encouraging. She has really improved my VO work, by helping me to articulate clearer and bring physicality to my readings. I originally signed up for 5 classes, just to see how adding acting to VO acting could improve my performances. And after the first 4 classes, I was so impressed that I signed up for more. John A.
· Acting · In studio I couldn't be happier about my experience studying with Amelia! She really meets you at whatever your level is, and instructs with her superior knowledge and sincere encouragement.
· Acting · In studio Enthusiastic and very nice