- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Yoga and meditation have been in my life for ten years. After training and being certified with a Yoga Alliance school, I started teaching six years ago. I love teaching beginners and using therapeutic modifications to safely engage with injuries.
Yoga is a practice that can offer many gifts. The movements and other practices, like mindful breathing and guided meditation, bring stress-relieving benefits, no matter what practice level or time commitment.
If you would like testimonials, please be in touch. I look forward to helping you on your journey with Yoga.
ps. Here's the official bio:
Amanda Gill has taught asana and anatomy with strong, compassionate dedication to yoga since 2009. She seeks to inspire and hold the space for students to journey deeper into body, heart, and mind through powerful physical experiences. Amanda began an Ashtanga Vinyasa practice in 2005. She was honored to deepen it with alignment-focused teachers Sue Elkind and Naime Jezzeny and completed Anusara Yoga teacher training with them in 2008 (at Yogaphoria). She continued vinyasa, meditation, and chakra studies at ISHTA (Integrated Science of Hatha, Tantra, and Ayurveda) with Alan Finger. Always a student, Amanda avidly studies with teachers and thinkers from all yoga traditions.
Weekly Yin and Restorative Class.
Vinyasa and Restorative teacher; Yoga for Athletes and Beginners
We meet. We discuss your goals with Yoga and therapeutic focus. With guided attention, you begin a sequence of postures to explore your physical abilities. I will help you to modify as needed and to develop a yoga practice that serves your body.
Your yoga is different every day. It begins with taking the seat of the student -- and learning some moves!
Yoga Alliance is the largest nonprofit association representing the yoga community. Our mission is to spread the power of yoga one person at a time.
We believe that the individual experience of yoga is of paramount importance, and are committed to supporting the passage of yoga from trainer to teacher, teacher to student, and student to aspiring yogi. Our role as the national support organization for the yoga community is to ensure that the practice of yoga will keep growing, so that more people will connect with yoga and be transformed. As an organization we keep several core values at heart: service, excellence, transparency, learning and community.
· Yoga · In home This was my first encounter with yoga, and Amanda made it very accessible and non-threatening. I will definitely continue.
· Yoga · In home Very patient and knowledgeable
· Yoga · In home I wanted someone to help me with alignment and to give me some poses for areas I was trying to open up. Amanda came prepped with a routine and gave me some great alignment tips that I am still using. She also sent me an email with the routine and instructions the next morning. She was very thoughtful and did a great job.
· Yoga · In home I was extremely pleased with her knowledge and demeanor.