Hi! My name is Allison! I am a "highly qualified" certified teacher (IL) with 10 years of teaching experience in the public school system.
I have a graduate degree in education and a bachelors degree in Journalism/English. My teaching experience is very diversified, which required me to get to know the learning styles of countless individual learners, their strengths and weaknesses, and to very carefully construct a curriculum that would most benefit each specifically.
Presently, I primarily work as a nanny and private tutor. I am also employed by the Chicago Public Schools and substitute teach whenever my schedule permits.
▪ “Rookie of the Year” and evaluated “highly effective”
▪ Worked in professional learning community to create and implement a common curriculum, with specific focus on summative assignments/ assessments
▪ Used bi-weekly assessment data to drive intervention integration as needed,; used assessment data to guide instruction
▪ Collaborated with other content areas in a small learning community set-up, to improve student performance and establish collective teacher responses
▪ Implemented focused instruction to > 25 students in all core content areas
▪Designed and implemented tier 2 and 3 intervention strategies for struggling learners, including bi-weekly progress monitoring
▪ Obtained recognition for having over 80% of students make growth on NWEA non-traditional standardized testing, 2009-2010
▪ Structured and implemented pre-algebra curriculum to approx. 130 students (regular and honors levels)
▪ Constructed a remedial skills curriculum for struggling students
This job consisted of teaching students that ranked either above or below their average grade level. This required me to really get to know each individual learner, their strengths and weaknesses, and to construct a curriculum that they specifically would most benefit from.
highly qualified to teach English/Journalism