alexisleecello .com for more info
The responsibility of any teacher is to instruct and inspire. My goal in working with each individual student is to establish a solid technical foundation and to provide problem solving techniques. I wish to encourage well-prepared performances and to pass on the musical knowledge given to us by previous generations. In addition, my most ultimate goal in teaching is to have the students love their instrument and enjoy the experience of learning.
Private Studio since 2000
Non major cello and chamber music coach
The purpose of this Society is to provide an organization dedicated to the furtherance of music in education and education in music in colleges, universities, and other institutions of higher learning, which offer music degree programs in one or more fields.
The primary objective of the Society is the recognition and encouragement of the highest level of musical achievement and academic scholarship.
The American String Teachers Association, founded more than 60 years ago, is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players, helping them to develop and refine their careers. ASTA's members range from budding student teachers to artist-status performers. The organization provides a vast array of services, including instrument insurance, an award-winning scholarly journal, discounts on publications and resources, annual professional development opportunities, and access to collegial network of colleagues throughout the string profession.
· Cello · In home I am grateful to have Ms.Lee as my teacher. She's an expert at teaching beginner adults and children. I'm in my mid 40s and taking lessons with my 11 year old daughter. I wanted to learn about the instrument so I can help her practice and play duets. Ms Lee is very patient and organized with her lessons.
· Cello · In studio I live about 40 mins away from her teaching studio but I take lessons weekly because she is the best teacher I have met so far.
I am an adult student (age 49)
· Cello · In studio I am a 25 year old adult beginner.
Alexis is extremely patient with beginners. I changed to her after I had difficulty with my first teacher who didn't know how to deal with adult beginners.
I highly recommend if you are an adult looking for first time cello lessons.
· Cello · In home My first lesson was back in Jan of 2016.
I'm loving my weekly lessons ever since.
· Cello · In studio great teacher! my one hour lesson with Ms. Lee feels like 5 mins seriously!
· Cello · In studio I cannot express how satisfied I am with Ms. Lee's teaching. I have had many cello teachers in the past, but Ms. Lee has helped me in so many ways possible that surpassed my expectations--whether it is technically or musically. I can say that each lesson felt truly productive and helpful--and most importantly, that Ms. Lee really cared about my musical growth. Thank you so much! I highly recommend lessons with Ms. Lee to you :)