- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi, there! My name is Alexa and I would be excited to be your drum teacher. I've been teaching private lessons since 2004 and have helped 100+ students become better drummers. I strive to make my lessons fun yet productive. If you are a beginner, you'll learn all the foundations for good drumming such as technique and rudiments..... while at the same time learning to play along to your favorite songs. If you are intermediate / advanced, we'll identify which areas of your drumming can be improved to make you a more well rounded musician.
I went to Berklee College of Music and earned a degree in Professional Music in 2004 (GPA 3.9). I also attended the L.A. Music Academy from 1998-99 (now Los Angeles College of Music).
I'm a very patient and motivated teacher, and I'm great with kids and parents. I look forward to helping you (or your child) reach your drumming goals!
· Drum · In studio Alexa possesses all the tools to teach drums effectively. She is technically competent and is professionally trained at Berkeley School of Music, one of the best music schools in the world. She has years of professional experience teaching and playing across a wide range of drum styles. In terms of her teaching style, she is very patient and uses a methodology that is clear and EFFECTIVE. If you are a beginner or advanced drummer, I HIGHLY recommend Alexa. You will not be disappointed. She will teach you the fundamentals and advanced rhythms; you will be playing popular beats in no time; you will have FUN practicing and playing because Alexa's approach is positive and tailored to what you want to learn. She is a great teacher, a good communicator, makes learning drumming FUN and most importantly, gets RESULTS.
· Drum · In home I was lucky to randomly sign-up for a drum course & meet Alexa!! She's been 1 of two favorite teaches in life & will forever remain a friend. She respects a student's musical interests while teaching from a place of support & serious devotion to her work. She encouraged my learning by letting me freely explore what I was musically curious about and had the depth of expertise to encourage my direction. From first lessons, through suggesting I find a band, attending my live performances, encouraging special summer workshops, and inviting me to her performances, Alexa is devotion supported me through years of maturing into a credible drummer. She's not only a supportive expert in her field, but a guide to what it means to become a drummer from encouraging action/performance as an integral part of learning this instrument. I am off to college in the fall, majoring in music, focused on drums and guitar. Thank you Alexa!!!